NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > General & Off-Topic Topics > The BS Topic
User Name
Password

Old 09-25-2008, 11:48:41 AM   #1
72350RS
Lifetime Gold Member

Thumbs up Louisville, KY Iroquois Park Car Show

Hi, everyone. I was wondering if anyone will be at the show this weekend from here. It's the biggest show here annually (Carl Casper and the Hot Rod Nationals not withstanding). $30 to enter at the show, $20 in advance. I plan to be there Saturday early. It'd be great to meet other members. I was thinking about brining the 72 down and putting a "for sale" sign on it, but that would take a bit more effort. Probably just drive the 73. So, anyone going?
72350RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:58:27 PM   #2
ZZTOP
Veteran Member

I'd Like to But I got to have A kidney stone removed Fri Prob not gonna feel Up to it,,, But it is a Great show If Your Close It's worth the ride
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:18:19 PM   #3
Alex71RS
Veteran Member

I was raised about 2 miles from Iroquois, and I spent alot of time in that park. Beautiful place, good for cruisin'. I used to blast through there in my '69 Camaro back in the day.

My two younger brothers will be there at the show, both bringing 4th Gen F-Bodys.
Alex71RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:50:51 AM   #4
72350RS
Lifetime Gold Member

I'll be there with an orange and black 73z, with another friend who has a 68, and another with a black and white 73. I'll make a road trip to Henryville, IN this AM for a final test and tune. Hope to see some folks from here. Wow. CA is a long way from KY. I used to race up to the Lookout in Iroquois late at night, 20+ years ago. I don't think you can even drive up there now.-- Steve
72350RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:49:00 PM   #5
Alex71RS
Veteran Member

I visited Louisville a year ago, and the road to "the top" (or Lookout) was open. I took the kids up there and we hiked around. As a teen, I used to party heavily up there. I remember when they closed it because people were crashing their cars. I wonder if the top will be open for the show.

Are the trees changing color yet? If so, then Iroquois will be a beautiful place for a show. Take pictures and post them here!!
Alex71RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:43:39 AM   #6
ZZTOP
Veteran Member

Man we prob Crossed each other paths We use to cruise up there as well

My Bud Use to Race from The the very top look out Back to the 1st look out
And back to to the top look out 1st person back won.. OMG talking bout some party day's and Nights

Yup the top is still open The main look out has changed some what You can't drive right up to the Stone wall Like we use to do ..They built steps and something in the center..

But i may make it after all I had passed that ston yesterday I did not have to have the laser Surgery ......
Old 09-27-2008, 03:51:38 AM   #7
ZZTOP
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex71RS
I visited Louisville a year ago, and the road to "the top" (or Lookout) was open. I took the kids up there and we hiked around. As a teen, I used to party heavily up there. I remember when they closed it because people were crashing their cars. I wonder if the top will be open for the show.

Are the trees changing color yet? If so, then Iroquois will be a beautiful place for a show. Take pictures and post them here!!

Oh do you remember the 1st show there They had CARS And trucks at the top as well As the bottom ...After that They don't do the top just the bottom...

Prob hard to judge with them in both places..The weather should be great this weekend for it could be a record crowd
Messages from Our Sponsors !
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals

Old 09-27-2008, 03:53:00 AM   #8
ZZTOP
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72350RS
I'll be there with an orange and black 73z, with another friend who has a 68, and another with a black and white 73. I'll make a road trip to Henryville, IN this AM for a final test and tune. Hope to see some folks from here. Wow. CA is a long way from KY. I used to race up to the Lookout in Iroquois late at night, 20+ years ago. I don't think you can even drive up there now.-- Steve

I will try to find ya and say Hey... If I can There should be lots of cars there
Old 09-28-2008, 10:32:22 PM   #9
ZZTOP
Veteran Member

Sunday I think there was 1600 Cars at the park Not counting all The nice rides That was not in the show I may be wrong on the Number That is what I heard from a Bud who had his Car in the show..

Man The 2nd gens are Starting to come on I have been hearing this.. Well at this show This many cars You would have seen 1-maybe 2

I think there must have been at least 10-13 I know that is not a lot from a show of 1600 But from yrs past 1-2 Yes it's good to see them coming out ..Had some very Nice ones there as well.. Maybe next yr for us..