1980 camaro fuse panel picture

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by 78camaro327, Dec 30, 2008.

1. 78camaro327

78camaro327 Veteran Member

I have a 1980 camaro im restoring, and i need a picture of the fuse panel.

The reason i need it is because all the writing has worn off mine and i dont know what is for what, and because i re-doing the wiring, knowing where stuff goes is a good idea :p hehehh

if someone could post one, or send me one in email, that would be awesome :D

t_sydorenko@hotmail.com

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    I took a pic of the fuse block itself AND the corner of the diagram with the fuse block detail from my repair manual.

The pic... (Sorry, it's tough to get a clear pic under the dash. :( )
    [​IMG]

The diagram...
    [​IMG]

The pic has three extra red wires plugged into IGN circuits on the left and one in the BATT circuit on the right.
    Hope this helps you out!

3. 78camaro327

78camaro327 Veteran Member

right on thanks alot, it does help out alot :D

its funny how many different styles of fuse panels there are... mine is a bit different than yours

4. 77ProZ

77ProZ Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Ottawa Ontario
    I think i have still have a complete harness in the attic Ill take a gander if i do ill give it to ya for the cost of the shipping its from a 79 power option car

5. blackZ28

blackZ28 Veteran Member

Oct 26, 2000
    southern IL
    Hey twisted. What is that out of ? Mine (79Z) has the round fuses and I want to change to that style ..any suggestions

6. Twisted_Metal

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    It's a pic of my '80 fuse block and a diagram from my Haynes manual.

The 80-81 2nd gens used the plastic/blade fuses.
    My 78 (and my son's 79) both used the glass/barrel fuses.

I don't know what the aftermarket offers for options..... Mine is still the original harness and fuse block.

7. blackZ28

blackZ28 Veteran Member

Oct 26, 2000
    southern IL
    Well I'm going to need a roof soon so I'll try to get an 80/81 shell. I just wonder if they will interchange
    PS I had an 81 parts car years ago and pulled the cruse parts from it and I thought it had glass fuses :confused:

8. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Ann Arbor, MI
    What manual did you get that picture from as I am looking for a complete '81 diagram? If not from the dealer, where do you buy the manual?
    Thanks.

9. Twisted_Metal

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    It's from a Hayne's Manual. (Pub. 1983)
    The newer ones (if you can find one) doesn't have the electrical diagrams.

There is one exactly like mine on eBay right now... http://cgi.ebay.com/Haynes-Chevy-Ca...ible?hash=item5635179318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The 1981 electrical diagrams are stuck in the back of the book just before the index. ;)

Good Luck!

10. mrvedit

mrvedit Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Thank you! I have the 1999 edition of the Hayes manual and the electrical diagrams are a joke - just partial sections for different years. Therefore I bid on the manual - double thanks for finding it for me on Ebay.