2011 MCACN - 70 L78 Camaro Showcase

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by DarrenX33, Aug 8, 2010.

1. DarrenX33

DarrenX33 Veteran Member

May 23, 2005
    What is the largest number of L78s ever assembled together at once?

Lets make it the MCACN 2011 show. After having some long talks with Bob Ashton he has given me space for up to 10 cars. Lets start planning early and get that 10 car limit. It will no doubt be the best assembly of 2nd Gen Camaros to date. Bob is pretty excited about it and I think we'll have a good chance at some media coverage as special showcases typically do at the show.

There is no solid date for the show yet but it is typically the weekend right before Thanksgiving.

Who is in? PM or email me directly to be added to the list.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. paceme

paceme Member

Mar 14, 2004

Great idea Darren. The date for the show is November 20 & 21. This is the website:

3. 69LM1

69LM1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 20, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    Are we talking specifically 70 Camaro L78's?

4. DarrenX33

DarrenX33 Veteran Member

May 23, 2005
    1970 L78 Camaros only. The largest display of its kind is the goal. This is for next years show (2011) not this year. So the tentative data would be November 19 & 20th.

Rich I am just assuming that you are going to be there. So that's 2 cars so far.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010

BASHTON Member

May 22, 2009
    Detroit area, MI
    We are honored to be working with Darren for this very special display for our 2011 show.

Although it may seem early, we have confirmed and pretty much filled our special showcase displays for the 2010 show which will take place this coming November 20-21; Class of 1970, Cars of Hurst, Shelby Snakepit II, Baldwin-Motion and Motion Madness and also special displays featuring Hemi Mopars, Stage 2 Buicks and of course, our Vintage Certification program and Nickey and Mr. Norms displays.

Some of you may remember the outstanding 1969 Z/28 display that Darren put together at another show I ran several years ago. His commitment to presenting a interesting and quality display is unsurpassed.

Many Thanks to Darren for picking up the ball and running with it!:)
    The dates for 2011 are indeed November 19-20.
    MCACN Managing Member
  6. DarrenX33

DarrenX33 Veteran Member

May 23, 2005
    Thanks Bob. This, like the Z28 display will be a group effort and not tied to one individuals effort. The Z showcase would have been nothing without all the people who got involved and brought their cars from all over. Once again I will simply volunteer to just take names.

Would be nice if we could keep this a sticky until the show is over..
  7. R Mitchell

R Mitchell Veteran Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Schaumburg, IL
    Great idea Darren...it will be tough to top the Z28 display of 2008 though. I will look forward to seeing this display!
  8. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I would love to be part of it Darren but I just don't see me having enough time to work on mine?:(

THNDER Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 18, 2000
    O'fallon, Mo
    Scott, It looks like a few of us have a lot of work to do.;) Mike
  10. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Name people who have 70 L-78's that are "show worthy" and then
    would come to Chicago.

1) Darren Costello (Chicagoland area)
    2) Mike Steitz (St Louis area)
    3) Eric Reifsnyder (Reading,PA)

4) Joey Gray (probably not) (Winston Salem,NC)
    5) John Haislip (Maryland) ????