2nd Generation Parts Suppliers

Discussion in 'SiteTopic' started by Jbullok, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Jbullok

Jbullok New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Tulsa
    New to restoration, and wanting a general consensus on where everyone purchases the majority of their needs from. I have used classic industries and fbody warehouse for some items, but curious if there are better options or ideas.

2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    I have bought several parts from most of the suppliers out there, they all have their strong points and weak points , you have to look for one part at a time and compare price and the shipping , pay attention to where that part is coming from, who made it, certain places make great parts worth the money , others not so much, and the price will reflect that , IMHO , you have to compare and do you homework , to get the best parts are the best price

3. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Besides of doing your homework. do look closely at the prices and shipping. Have seen where part A is selling for a $100.00 but the shipping is $158.00 and the same part else where is selling for $180.00 and the shipping is $58.00 and again same part from another vendor sells for $140.00 and has free shipping.

Pay's to shop around.....

4. fbody_mike

fbody_mike Veteran Member

I buy a lot from Classic Industries, but for me they are in driving distance so I do not pay shipping. Shipping can be very expensive for all the suppliers. Get on the mailing lists, like their Facebook pages, so that you can take advantage of their specials. Classic will have special with discounts and free shipping on different holiday weekends. NPD sends me deals from time to time via email too. But always research the part you are going to buy, sometimes the reproduction part is complete junk and you will do better finding an original part from ebay or here at NastyZ28.com.

5. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    buy original GM parts from the many guys who sell them

unless you WANT your car to be made in China

6. CamaroPartsWorl

CamaroPartsWorl New Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Cleveland, OH. 44146
    You can also call camaro parts world, its a small shop that specializes in original gm 2nd gen camaro and firebird parts. Shipping is available world wide on most parts. 216-218-1324, or you can email camaropartsworld@yahoo.com.

7. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    I have made 8 or 10 different purchases from Camaro-Parts-World on eBay with great results. They are one of the sellers I follow on eBay. I have recommended them here before.

8. tjmugg

tjmugg New Member

Aug 4, 2016
    New England
    Ground up has been good to me. They are in driving distance so I guess that is a major benefit. Great guys there. www.ss396.com