71 Z28 fender eblem placement

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by paulzman, Feb 5, 2006.

1. paulzman

paulzman Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    I am trying to figure out exactly where to drill the holes for the Z28 fender emblems. I have the assembly manual, but cannot make sense of that. Does anyone offer a template? Or perhaps someone can tell me many inches the emblem sits below the mid point of the fender and how far from the door edge of the fender. Thank you!!!

2. m pozzi

m pozzi Moderator Staff Member

Hi Paulzman,

I have a 70 Z28 and will take measurements for you and post them tomorrow. My fenders are stock and predrilled so you'll get accurate measurements.

Mary Pozzi

P.S. Welcome to the site . . .

3. Z-WIZZ

Z-WIZZ Veteran Member

Mar 18, 2004
    FLA
    some of the guys here use the stick on kind. no drilling the paint job.

4. paulzman

paulzman Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    Mary, Thank you very much! Paul

5. Bad 406

Bad 406 Veteran Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Canada
  6. m pozzi

m pozzi Moderator Staff Member

HI Paulzman,

I measured my '70 Z28 front fenders and here goes . . .

Right front fender emblem placement: Measure forward along the fender belt line, or crease, starting at the rear of the fender in front of the door. Your markings should be at 6-1/4" and 9" respectively along this line. Both holes should be drilled 1-7/8" below the line, or crease, at the above measurements. When you get to the 6-1/4", your first hole will be 1-7/8" below that. Your second hole will be 1-7/8" below the 9" mark on the crease.

Left front fender emblem placement: Measure forward along the front fender crease starting at the rear of the fender in front of the door. Your markings should be 5-1/2" and 8-1/8" respectively along this crease line. Again, your holes should be drilled 1-7/8" below these measurements for proper emblem placement.

I would doublecheck with YearOne and Classic Industries to ensure that the '70 and '71 Z28 emblems are the same as this may affect my measurements above. I tried for photographs but couldn't insert the appropriate text so had to go to Plan B instead and try to write it out. Hopefully, it is understandable but if not, please let me know and I'll try again.

Mary Pozzi

7. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    Why not use a Taylor's measuring tape and tape both ends on the fender then snap a photograph.

8. paulzman

paulzman Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    Thanks everone - I drilled the holes and looks great.

9. rwflather

rwflather New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    These posts are old, but still useful!