7th Annual Emerald Coast Cruizin

Discussion in 'Alabama Region' started by tmv36830, Oct 23, 2011.

1. tmv36830

tmv36830 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Auburn, Alabama
    Anyone here on these forums planning on attending the 7th Annual Emerals Coast Cruizin?

I have been the past two years and have only seen a poor showing of 2nd gens.

If you are planning on attending please let me know so that we can meet and swap war strories.

Thanks,
    TMV

[​IMG]

2. Vsolo

Vsolo Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2009
    So Central PA
  3. tmv36830

Jan 22, 2011
    Auburn, Alabama
    Sorry about that. I miss the details some times. I see that you are using the Hotchkis TVS. What do you think about it. I am putting their 2" drop springs on now and was considering the whole kit.

4. Vsolo

Vsolo Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2009
    So Central PA
    THANKS, I'm really happy how it came out.
    My original suspension parts had 125 to 300K miles on it, so when I overhauled it
    I have the Hotchkis TVS (The whole kit & kaboodle: Springs, shocks, swaybars, Front A Arms, steering). CPP Disk brakes all around
    It has 8,000 + miles since being finished in May 2011.
    Also in setting up the front end alignment there are no shims, it fit that well.
    Check out other suspensions & see how many shims they need.
    The car is low though, minor scraping every once in a while.
    But it handles like a dream, and at high speed the front end does not get light like it use to.
    The only thing I don't like it it has 12 to 20 grease fittings besides the regular front suspension ones) ( & you need to put synthetic grease on it & it is sticky and gets everywhere :) )
    I have read suggestions about putting Teflon tape before you bars before you put the bushing on and if you can I would. I didn't and occasionally get a strange noise, but I'm not worried about it.
    I have 265/50x15 they are just a hair too wide & they do rub just a little on the front sway if I turn all the way.
    I did a short autocross (22 seconds) & it handled great and was very predictable.

5. tmv36830

Jan 22, 2011
    Auburn, Alabama
    Hotchkis

Thanks Vsolo,

I have read over all of the threads I could find on Hotchkis and PTFB and while a lot of people rave about PTFB's ride quality, they often complain of long shipping delays. Hotchkis seems to have a tremendous following also, but none of the shipping delay complaints so I have convinced myself that the Hotchkis TVS is the way to go.

I will keep you posted on the progress.

TMV

6. kyphur

kyphur Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Decatur, AL
    If it were closer I would go. :(

7. FZ-28's

FZ-28's Veteran Member

Dec 18, 2001
    Parma, Ohio
    Very Nice. . . :)