A good color to paint my 80 camaro?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Noah_Seward, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Noah_Seward

Noah_Seward Veteran Member

Dec 9, 2011
    US
    I'm looking for a different color to paint my car. I just want to stand out from all the red and black camaros. (not saying they don't look good, i just want to be different.)... What would be your choice? I'd like a pic posted of it on a car (doesn't have to be a camaro) to just see what it'll look like.

Thanks everybody!

2. ProStreet383

ProStreet383 Veteran Member

May 23, 2007
    MD
    I love certain shades of orange. I dont like the orange they use on any of the new cars. For some reason they try to make the orange look pastel and it looks like $hit.

This is our nova in orange.

[​IMG]

I like this orange. It is house of kolor Tangelo pearl.

[​IMG]

Or how about house of kolor kameleon

[​IMG]

And for the grand finale the one and only the best color I have ever laid eyes on...................... Candy apple red over gold metallic base. I was going to paint mine this color but the extreme difficulty in properly repairing candy paint kept me from doing it. You can get candy paint in pretty much any color you want and they are all absolutely stunning.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  3. F-Bodypilot

F-Bodypilot Veteran Member

Have to agree with you there, also,....... over gold flake, silver flake, silver metallic and bright white. It looks like sex on that cobra, and it's my all time favorite hue on trifives. And,..... I've always liked rooster dink pink, but you have to be pretty secure in your masculinity to pull that off ;)

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    For my wife's '72, she wanted something different also. We ended up with PPG Radiance II - Romanesque Crimson Pearl over Brickyard Red (that is actually a dull copper metallic). Of course to make sure it was different - we ghosted checkered flag graphics coming out of the '81 Z28 fender louvers and they terminate over the rear wheels...;)

The lighting will really affect the color

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I personally never liked yellow, and am switching to silver. Yellow does stand out though!!! Bright and flashy!!

.[​IMG]

6. earnhardtgm3

earnhardtgm3 Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Camaro Country,GA
    I wanted something different as well.Went with WHITE/Silver-Charcoal stripes with all the trim blacked out.Painted wheels to match stripes.Most white Z's have red or blue stripes.
    [​IMG]

7. theflash

theflash Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Podunk, CT
  8. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    I agree with the deep red / blood red metallic.
    It's a super hot red that Rat Race also painted his car the same color.
    It was bitchen in person.

[​IMG]

9. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Jun 9, 1999
    NJ. US
    Funny you should mention this but when I drive lately the colors out there are blah. At best everyone either has white, black that pewter color or silver. I see a red one every now and then. I have to be the only blue car on the road. Seriously next time your out driving take a look its blah out there. When I was in HS in the late 80's early 90's there was black, yellow, blue, red, orange, browns, purple, (that was me and three other guys, I had the camaro, one guy had a TA and one mustang) some white and two tones bunch of silver and reds. Tons of red cars back then, white was a dud car. Use to say couldn't figure out what to paint it so you picked white. Silver might as well be white but you wanted to be diffrent. I know for awhile guys where going with that primer grey rat rod look flat and everything.

[​IMG]
    when it's detailed it's a nice blue. There is a boyd coddington smooth yellow that looks cool don't have a pic of it. I happen to like Britsih racing green too but not sure how that would loko on a 80 camaro. With that color I would go with a tan interior like buckskin with some burlwood ingrain myself.

10. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    This is the color scheme I borrowed for my 2nd gen.
    Admiral blue (now Cloissonne blue) and Arctic White.

What's cool about these 96 GS Vette colors is they change with how the light hits them.
    Low light it looks purplish blue, and lots of light it has more of a lighter cobalt blue.

[​IMG]