Aerohead racing

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by 81silver1, Jun 8, 2011.

1. 81silver1

81silver1 Member

Feb 7, 2011
    MO
    has anybody tried the heads from aerohead racing? pretty curious about them for a budget $400 for a set check them out aeroheadracing.com

2. rustbucket79

rustbucket79 Veteran Member

Probably fine, but you're looking at factory smogger castings rebuilt with larger valves, etc. I'm going to take a wild guess and say their 65 cc castings are based on 305 heads.

If you're looking for additional power, you'll be $$$ ahead going with either Vortec heads or something like the E streets or the RHS vortec replacements.

3. dallam2

dallam2 New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Richmond, KY
    Years ago I bought a set of heads from them. It seems like I paid around 260 dollars plus about 25 dollars shipping. The heads were the old 993 non-sought after smoggers but they were nicely redone with larger valves and good seals.
    I still have them on my current 1981 4 speed Camaro but recently I did a bit of home porting and such to them and had them locally cleaned and resealed for about 125 dollars. I have a XE 268 cam installed (nice cam) and am running cheap cast flat top pistons which makes about 9 to one compression and headers. I must say the car definitely buggies and has almost alarming mid range power.
    The shop has been around forever and if you want to save a buck or two and still go fast, you can and you won't be disappointed with what they have to offer. Give the shop a call like I did years ago (1990) and you can go from there. Good luck

4. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Jul 3, 2003
    Chebanse, IL USA
    IIRC, they sell the Iron Eagle S/S heads.

Those flow nearly as much as Vortec heads, and according to CHP, they made about the same HP and Torque as Vortec heads, on a 383 using a Comp Cams Xtreme Energy 274H cam.

Look at, not only the peak numbers, but the average numbers.

Here are the results of the Dart heads.
    http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/t...er_head_performance_test/aerohead_racing.html

Then the Vortec Heads.
    http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/t...der_head_performance_test/scoggin_dickey.html