Another "Whats this wire do?" Thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Da_Raabi, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Apparently I am not the only one looking to figure out what a bunch of wires do! This particular pair of wires comes out of the engine side of the fuse block inside the engine bay. That is what appears to be a light green and light blue (what appears black in the images) going into the one connector, and a black (or brown - hard to tell) stubby wire going over to the other connector. This pair had plastic wire loom on it, from the factory I believe.

Any idea what these do?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Looks like connections for the a/c compressor. Short wire is ground.

3. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Really? I couldn't find anything about it in the diagrams. The blue wire is what's throwing me.

I thought everything A/C was a separate harness that went through a hole over in the center of the firewall?

4. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 10, 2003
    USA
    Lt Green and Lt Blue with Brown attached....
    Convertor Lock Vacuum Switch with Brown going to Cruise Control Harness

5. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Well that sounds right. The car originally had a TH350 and cruise, neither of which can be found in the wiring diagrams. So I guess I'll just go ahead and snip those wires back and get rid of the rest!

Thanks!

6. Crazy4camaro

Crazy4camaro Veteran Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Greenville SC
    The plug with 2 wires looks like the plug for the electric choke, the other wire plugs in to another harness near the choke. Keep in mind the choke is hooked in the oil pressure harness .