Anyone near Yarmouth, Maine?

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by royriccomini, Apr 8, 2012.

1. royriccomini

royriccomini New Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Saratoga, California
    I'm located on the west cost, and need help to look at a Camaro I found in Yarmouth Maine. This is a big favor, so I'm sure we can work something out :)

I'm the process of looking for a matching numbers 1970 RS Z28 for my son and I to enjoy....any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Roy

2. 69TAPoser

69TAPoser Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Windham, NH
    Hi Roy-

My wife says she is up for a trip (that is a beautiful area) if you are interested in having me take a look at it. We could do it this Sunday if you could wait that long.

I will also sned you a PM.

Regards,

Phil

3. royriccomini

royriccomini New Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Saratoga, California
    Phil

Thanks for the offer, but the owner just informed me the transmission for the car was not original even though he said it was…ugh

I visited your website. Love your garage! My garage will look like that soon… after I finish remodeling the kitchen ☺

If you need anything from the San Jose/SF area California, let me know.

By the way here is the car I was looking at:
    http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2946125613.html

4. badazz70z28

badazz70z28 Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2004
    mechanicfalls maine usa
    if you change your mind and want someone to look at it and if 69ta cannot i can do it for you.

5. 69TAPoser

69TAPoser Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Windham, NH
    I am not sure if Roy hangs out here or not, but he ended up not being interested in the car as he discovered that the tranny was not original to the car...it looked like a really nice car in the pics (but don't they all?). :) I was looking for an excuse to both go to that area and get a look at it! :bowtie:

Phil

6. Steve's 77

Steve's 77 Veteran Member

May 9, 2006
    Milton, Vermont
    Steering Wheel

OMG Who in the world would put a $4 Grant Steering Wheel on a Camaro ? That is the butt ugliest addition I've ever witnessed on a nice Camaro. It really makes me wonder. To each his own I guess.

7. royriccomini

royriccomini New Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Saratoga, California
    Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I was trying to look past the steering wheel. The car came with a 383 stroker/Tremec trans in the car. He also had the original(born with) engine and trans. I requested pictures of the vin stamps but both were too blurry....hummm :/ When i ask for more detail pics he admitted the trans was not original. My son and I were very disappointed. We are still on the hunt for our 70 RS Z28....I know this particular was not an RS Z28 but it sure sounded like a car we could have fun with until we find the one we want.