Anyone using repro inner fenders?

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by badazz81z28, Dec 31, 2016.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    How do they look and fit?

Thx

2. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Look and fit fine. Put them in before you put your fenders on. Lots of this stuff is installer skill. You will never bolt this stuff on and run and if you do it will probably look like junk. Mine are Goodmark brand.

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Well I would like it to fit line oem lol. I can remove and install my old ones without too much trouble. My concern is holes lining up

4. lapedr

lapedr Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Pembroke, GA
    I bought one for the RH side and the 3 large holes for the big washers where in the wrong place even know it was advertised for 70-81 Camaros. I measured the locations of the old holes, and using a piece of flexible cardboard created a template to drill 3 new holes using a hole saw. Now I just need to weld in 3 patches to the wrong holes. I just didn't feel like shipping it back and besides I need the practice welding bc I will soon be replacing both quarters.

5. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Waupaca WI
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  6. lapedr

lapedr Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Pembroke, GA
    In my case other than the 3 holes being in the wrong location the rest all lined up ok and fit good that's why I didn't bother returning them. I should have bought them from a better source like AMD but I went on the cheap and paid for it. Can't remember where I bought it I think on Amazon but never again.

7. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ocala, Florida
    Why buy new ones if your old ones fit fine? Media blast your old ones, prime, paint, and reinstall.