Aussie Camaro

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by SSLX76, May 27, 2010.

1. Andrew:

Sorry I did not reply earlier, been underwater with work and have not logged into Nasty Z in a long while.

Glad you are home safe. Hope you had a great holiday.

It was great to meet you, your wife and trade second gen stories, even for only a couple hours.

As I said I would, I finally dropped some Donut Derelicts decals into the mail to you, and will drop you a PM with details on subframe connectors, solid body bushings and control arm bushings.

Take care, and we'll talk to you soon.

Best - Paul

2. SSLX76

SSLX76 Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Newborough, Australia
    Gday Paul, Thanks again for the stickers that look great on my Camaro, PM sent, cant wait to get back and I will stay longer in LA this time around and have that beer with you, take care mate, Andrew.

3. SSLX76

SSLX76 Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Newborough, Australia
    Motor freshen up

When I bought my Camaro from this site it had a 290 HP crate engine in it with a small cam, I bought a set of Brodix Iron killer heads, a Brodix manifold, A Comp Cams roller cam and 750 Holley along with rollers etc when over in the states recently and have just bolted it all together, Just waiting for a 3000 stall to arrive and then I will put it back in engine bay which I painted last weekend, fingers crossed all goes good with the new combo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Finally back home!!!
    Looks good Andrew! As I've said before, you have a gorgeous car.

5. Charlie Brengun

Charlie Brengun Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 24, 2002
    the Netherlands
    very nice. like the pics.. they make me want to go back to Ozzie.. book a flight and have a Tooheys Extra Dry or 10..

6. SSLX76

SSLX76 Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Newborough, Australia
    Welcome in Australia

Theres more than enough room here for another Camaro owner, Nice long roads, nice sweeping corners and plenty of Tooheys on tap, but I love to visit the US as we pay way too much for our American parts out here, Imagine going into a Speed shop and paying $2500 for a set of Alloy heads and $ 800 for a Holley 750 D/P, someone making too much money over here, thank god I have a Brother who owns a workshop in L/A and he has mates that bring containers back often, Cheers from Downunder.

7. DaveZ27

DaveZ27 New Member

May 7, 2005
    Canberra Australia
    And when you see the free shipping sign, and think if only!

Nice setup BTW Andrew, I wouldn't mind a set of those rocker covers, without the BRODIX though :)

8. SSLX76

SSLX76 Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Newborough, Australia
    Ready for the Dyno

All back in the car, wish Brodix had of told me that there rocker covers don't come with a breather kit installed, three hour to Tig breathers into them to stop the motor flicking litres of oil over the engine bay, know wait for Monday to get on the Dyno and play with timing & mixtures...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Looking good Andrew!

Love the Donuts sticker...

Regards - Paul

10. Sektion8

Sektion8 Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Love the car!

Only depresses me more though, about mine!

/laughs
    /cries

[​IMG]

It's been in the country for ~30 years. Hasn't seen daylight for 10+
    $50k+ total spend so far, and almost counts for nothing. Almost entirely stock & dated (apart from paint). I can't see it ever looking as good as yours, it kills me to say. Life kinda got in the way, but I've turned the corner now. I want it DONE and finished, so I'll spend whatever it needs. Life's Too Short, dammit!

I'd LOVE to see yours in person. Last American Muscle show I went to had ONE 2nd Gen, and it was a flippin' Pontiac. Never had a chance to see/measure what's possible with these things... And don't have the balls to order blindly. Was tempted to do a car show tour of the states... but it all got too hard.

Again, awesome car. Really great to see such a specimen in Australia!