AZ Emissions

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by weiland2, Feb 21, 2012.

1. jteenstra

jteenstra Moderator

May 21, 2001
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Just came home from the emissions testing with the 68 truck. Passed for another year. They don't check under the hood or test the gas cap.
    Was at the dump afterwards and argued with the guy about collectors car insurance.
    He's the second guy that told me you have to emissions test with collector car insurance.
    I told them both they are wrong. I'm right, right?!

2. Jim Mac

Jim Mac Veteran Member

Dec 28, 2004
    tucson az USA
    my 71 camaro, 70 chevelle, 71 nova all have collectors insurance and I can register them for more than 1 year if I want to. I think the last time I did the camaro I opted for 2 years. jim
  3. azfabshop

azfabshop Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Yep you are right, right! I wish I could remember where it is in writing but I think ADOT website under emmissions laws?
    Classic insurance is meant to be for low mileage vehicles but I spoke with some police officers and they said they would never look into how many miles you put on your car. There's way to many other things for them to worry about!
  4. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    I don't think it's the cops you need to worry about. I'd be more concerned with violating the terms of the policy and have the insurance company deny the claim after the loss has already occurred.
  5. azfabshop

azfabshop Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Thats true but short of giving odometer readings, thats a hard one to prove. But they do have the deeper pockets!