body line door guard

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by onelapduster, Apr 9, 2012.

1. onelapduster

onelapduster Veteran Member

May 5, 2010
    South Joursey
    Having a hard time finding this online. Must be late. Anyone know where I can find replacement rubber strip that goes in the metal channel? Im looking for gold or tan color. Thanks for the help.

2. 76 camaro car 1

76 camaro car 1 Veteran Member

Apr 23, 2010
    St.Augustine,Florida
    You might try some of the local trim shops in your area. Most of those type side molding's were put on by the dealer or the purchaser.

3. Doug G

Doug G Veteran Member

Nov 27, 1999
    Talking Rock, Ga.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  4. 76 camaro car 1

Apr 23, 2010
    St.Augustine,Florida
    Are you talking about the aluminum ones with the rubber insert that snaps in?

5. onelapduster

May 5, 2010
    South Joursey
  6. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Kentucky
    Pretty sure Classic Industries sells the kits for that. Not sure on if they offer the color u want though.

7. onelapduster

May 5, 2010
    South Joursey
    Thats the one. The insert in kind of triangled and had a T at the other end to go in the channel. My 79 Camaro had it and now this 80 Firebird does, which I want to keep it on this car.

8. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Altoona, PA
    I might need to buy a set if my bodlines do not turn out the way that I am attempting to get them- haha

Sadly that sharp bodyline is such a magnet for dents as evidenced by the 5 or 10 I spent time bumping, pulling and filling with weld and filler.

9. 76 camaro car 1

Apr 23, 2010
    St.Augustine,Florida
    Yeah, That body line is right where other peoples doors attack our cars. To prove a point about 25 years ago when we would go K-mart (No walmart back in those days) and park in the far regions of the parking lot and 9 times out of 10 when we came out a car would be beside ours. Don't know why it works like this but a car parked by itself usually attracts other cars.

10. onelapduster

May 5, 2010
    South Joursey
    Ive read threads where people do that just to be a :screwup: :screwup:. Reason why im keeping them on this car. Just ordered the black strip. Shouldnt look too bad im hoping.