C5 Brake Upgrade

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Strange81Z, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Strange81Z

Strange81Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 29, 2001
    Amarillo, Tx
    Has anyone got this completly installed yet? What about pics? Sorry, i read through all of the post, but didn't see anyone post that they got it done. Atleast i didn't see it anyway.

How much did it run? I thought that I saw $600?

THX

2. Strange81Z

Nov 29, 2001
    Amarillo, Tx
    I guess not huh.....

3. runnin350

runnin350 Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Cedar City, UT
    Check with HarleyT (hthordson@compcams.com) I was looking throught the archives and found his car. Dont know if it is the one you are looking for. Hope it helps

4. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

Harley was looking into this a while back as well. I'm sure he'll have some insight about now...

5. Strange81Z

Nov 29, 2001
    Amarillo, Tx
    I really really want to do this, but I just want to make sure that it is possible. Then I can start buying the parts.

6. HarleyT

HarleyT Veteran Member

Oct 25, 2001
    Memphis,TN
    Hey guys

I finished my set up and did some 30-40 mph stopping and they worked great.At the time the car did not have any front clip on or glass ect,ect so that's why I was unable to do some real hard testing. I have my car completely apart and in storage until I move into my new house. If I can be of any help let me know !

7. Nick76

Nick76 Veteran Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Check out Rippers 74 pro touring TA. He put the C5 brakes on.

8. Strange81Z

Nov 29, 2001
    Amarillo, Tx
    HarleyT,

Where did you get the brakets? Do have have any for-sale? Or do you have a drawing with the specs for the brakets and the spindels? This way we can get them done ourself.

I REALLY want to do this so any help would be greatly appriciated! Detailed instructions PLEASE! [​IMG]

THX

9. HarleyT

HarleyT Veteran Member

Oct 25, 2001
    Memphis,TN
    Strange sent you some mail

10. Tyler

Tyler Veteran Member

May 21, 2001
    Bakersfield
    I put C5 brakes on a set of spindals, it really wasnt that big of a deal. Took about 8 hours of work and around $700.

I tested them on one of my buddys car, I think they will work great, but I didnt really get to test them because his MC was the wrong size (way wrong).

Ill do a better test when I get them on my car.

------------------
    My 1974 camaro now smog exempt!
    400hp 383, 2004r, 4.11 rear, 450lb/inch springs, Del-a-lum, 12:1 steering, Trac-bite springs, big sway bars, need I say more?

13" C5 brakes mounted on spindals ready to be installed, however, I don't have enough money for the big wheels and tires! D'OH!