cherry bomb mufflers/glasspacks

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by 75rs350, Feb 19, 2009.

1. 75rs350

75rs350 Member

Aug 19, 2008
    houston texas
    how would they sound on my car? I have stock mufflers right now and I'm looking for something a little bit deeper and slightly louder
  2. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 18, 2003
    BC, Canada
    they'll be all of that, lol
  3. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Southern Maryland
    they go flappalappalappalappa
  4. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

the best glass packs like cherry bomb or purple hornies have a perforated core as this will not restrict the flow
  5. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Southern Maryland
    purple hornies are a louvered core = flow restriction. Technically they are a spiral louvered core. You can orient these louvers backwards to restrict less but you still have all the pointy things sticking in the flow path.
  6. CMitchell

CMitchell Veteran Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Southeastern N.C.
    There is a thread in the high pro section with a short video of my car running. It has cherry bombs and x pipe.
  7. transamman

transamman Veteran Member

Sep 18, 2008
    thrush glasspacks have perforated holes also, no louvers to reduce flow
  8. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    I always liked the Thrush packs. I think the farther back in the system the better they sound. I have them on my '72 SB Vette and see no reason to change. Not too loud, sounds good.
  9. 77RS

77RS Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheboro, NC
    LOL I've got a pair of cherry bombs that were on one of my parts cars. I'm going to use them as clamp on mufflers when I have an engine on the test stand. Cherry bombs are lound!

Back in the 70's, all the guys that had Jeeps with 304's ran purple hornies. I still remember the sound. Now, I can't imagine that sound coming from a Camaro.
  10. hhott71

hhott71 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Joplin Mo. 64801
    Cherry bombs will sound horrible in a short time, making that ghey glasspack rap and popping noise upon deceleration, and just loud and obnoxious when accelerating.
    Acceleration will be hampered with a glasspack muffler as they are quite restrictive to airflow.
    A real performance muffler would be a "turbo" muffler.