Chris Alston's G connectors

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by JONESYFXR, Oct 29, 2013.

1. JONESYFXR

JONESYFXR Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2009
    BUFFALO, NY
  2. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

I'm thinking that if you (or your fabricator/shop) is going to build a cage

I would want weld in sub frame connector that has stub piece welded into
    inner rocker area that main cage hoop welds too..........etc etc

3. dcart1

dcart1 Veteran Member

Jan 22, 2009
    springfield,ohio
  4. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 7, 2004
    IL
    nice piece but I would like to see one installed and what about ground clearance, exhaust routing, you still need solid body bushings.
    For that money you could have our roll bar and sub-frame connectors.

5. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 7, 2004
    IL
    if you are going to build a cage you are better off installing "cut in" frame connectors anyway, going up will be more beneficial.

6. JONESYFXR

JONESYFXR Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2009
    BUFFALO, NY
    I'm going to be doing a roll bar with dog legs off the front subframe to the inner rockers. If I were to install the Alston kit, it would be welded in anyway. Here's a link to my build thread and you can see where I'm at and what I'm thinking........

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166828

This is gonna be a street legal drag car with an 8 point cage. I suspect I will be able to run mid 6's in the 1/8 when all is said and done. I'm hoping I can get on this thing so I will actually be able to drive it this spring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!