Edelbrock Streetmaster Manifold

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by cali cruzer, May 19, 2006.

1. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

Who knows about this vintage manifold? RPM range, dual or single plane? I have an oppourtunity to pick one of these up for free.

2. raven46809

raven46809 Member

Oct 7, 2005
    Crossville, TN
    I dont know anything about the intake but if your like me, free is free so take it and run than figure out what to do with it later.

3. Eric

Eric Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The Streetmaster was the "parent" of the Performer and specs were almost the same- unfortunately I don't have them handy...

4. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jeff it's the predecessor to the edelbrock performer so rpm range is 1500-5500rpm . i ran one of those intakes on a 68 CJ5 with a 283 and it worked well

5. Mike-78 Z-28

Mike-78 Z-28 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2003
    ElDorado Arkansas
    Some folks are mistaken, that intake is nothing like a performer.If you think of a new model Torker 2 but only smaller ,that's what it looks like.Single plane made back in the 70's as an attempt to boost low end power to 4500.If you would like to see a pic of one let me know and I'll go out and take a shot of the one I have.I wouldn't pay for one unless I really needed an intake.C3B is the dual plane before a Performer
    OK I found a pic on e-bay,this guy is nuts if he thinks this dinky thing is good to 6500.At 5000 my 327 was done.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edel...36474QQitemZ8066331726QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  6. 1978LT

1978LT Veteran Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Poquoson, VA USA
    Looks like a Holley Z, without the crossover in the back! Very torquey for sure!

7. pdq67

pdq67 BANNED

Jul 26, 2001
    Columbia, MO, USA
    Try here!

http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/edel.htm

The C3B was for the 950 and 1050 cfm Holley 3-barrel carb's back then.

The C3BX was SOTA for the 750 cfm, 3310-1 and -2, type carbs back then before they brought out the Performer and RPM later!

And It may not have quite as good a "quality" flow as the newer Performer, but my old Performer 2101 is a very good mild motor intake and looks almost muscular b/c it's runners are bigger than the newer performers if you look close!

pdq67

8. GOSFAST

GOSFAST New Member

May 30, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    "Gas-Mileage" Intakes

Hi Paul, you must remember the "SP2P" from Edelbrock. All these manifolds came into the arena when the "big" gas crunch hit in the early to mid '70's. Everyone wanted some mileage AND performance, much like today! Back then you couldn't even get gas, forget about the price. Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. I believe Holley may have had the "Street Dominator" around the same era. I'm not 100% sure about that one though. For the most part they were downright "horrible".

9. lluciano77

lluciano77 Guest

You would better off running a good intake. Saving a couple of bucks while sacrificing a significant amount of performance doesn't make sense. Either the RPM Air Gap or the Victor Jr. are the way to go. Sell the Streetmaster.

10. pdq67

pdq67 BANNED

Jul 26, 2001
    Columbia, MO, USA
    Hi Gary,

I bought a 4-barrel SP2P off Jake a while back just to have if I have his name right?

These old intakes are GREAT IF you match the engine combination perfectly, imho!!

AND E-Brock stopped selling the old SP2P's b/c people weren't doing it right! As well as the gas crunch, (got us trained for higher price gas), ended.

You can take these intakes and cam and header such that they will work so good that your DCR will become too high and you will end up in detonation!!

pdq67