FAST EZ EFI vs MSD ATOMIC EFI

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by burley, Jan 25, 2012.

1. burley

burley Member

Dec 30, 2010
    kansas city
    Has any one used the MSD ATOMIC EFI? Thinking of doing either of these two on my 383. Looking for some feed back and any first hand thoughts.

2. newschool72

newschool72 Veteran Member

Feb 25, 2011
    forsyth,ga
    Havent done the MSD, but im running the FAST EZ on my LS3 and love it ! Only thing I dont like is not being able to use a power adder. Really never intend to on this car, but never know when the bug might hit you.

3. zedzed

zedzed Veteran Member

I also have the EZ-EFI, and I have no regrets over the purchase. If I were making a decision today, the MSD system might have the edge. The assembly is less complicated, taking less time to install, and I really like the idea of the pulse modulated fuel pump, with no fuel return needed. The only question might be if the realiability of a brand new system. It will probably be fine, but the EZ-EFI has been available for a few years, and their record for dependability is known.

4. burley

burley Member

Dec 30, 2010
    kansas city
    Thanks for the input. I was wanting to maybe add a small nitrous sytem but its not a deal breaker. What type of power do both of you think you are putting out?

5. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Waiting on a comparative test myself, thinking about going the electronic way in a year or so.

6. burley

burley Member

Dec 30, 2010
    kansas city
    Also newschool and zedzed are you using an in tank fuel pump? Any issues with hesitation with a low fuel level conditions? How about your ignition systems? MSD boxes or what type of distributers. Any electric fans? Thanks for help.

7. newschool72

Feb 25, 2011
    forsyth,ga
    iam using the inline fuel pump kit that comes with the deluxe EZ kit and have had no problems. my pick up is right on the bottom of the tank. To be safe, i get gas when i get to about 1/4 tank.
    Im running an LS motor, so im using the MSD 6012 box for ignition. Im using the fan and AC idle-up feature on the FAST system and it works flawlessly.
    On paper my LS3 should be in the 540ish range on hp. The system is good to around 600-650 hp if you up the fuel pressure from 43psi to 60psi. At my HP level there is no need to.If you have anymore questions , feel free to ask. Good Luck!

8. zedzed

zedzed Veteran Member

I'm also using the fuel pump that came with kit, and using the HEI distributor that came with the ZZ502 that resides in the engine bay. You need a clean signal from the ignition system for best performance, so I added the Steetfire ignition from MSD to meet that goal.

9. newschool72

Feb 25, 2011
    forsyth,ga
    Zedzed, did i see your car in a magazine a couple years ago, or does it just look exactly like it. Clue: Do you work at a BMW dealership?

10. zedzed

zedzed Veteran Member

You are correct,sir. I worked for BMW for thirty-four years, nine as a technician, and twenty-five as a parts manager. The issue you are refering to is the September 2007 of Camaro Performers magazine. It is too bad all nastyZ28'ers can't meet Nick Licata, the editor. What a great guy. And, thanks for remembering.