First Camaro- 1980 Z28

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Jukes14, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Jukes14

Jukes14 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Aylmer, Ontario
    Hey guys to start it off let me tell you a little bit of background information. I'm 18 years old from Aylmer Ontario Canada. I bought this Car just before my 17th birthday in July. The car was down in Point Pelee Ontario about a 2 hour 45 min drive from Aylmer.The back tires wouldn't hold air and it was not saftied nor licensed. Anyways I plan to rebuild this car over time as I have enough money to do the job nicely. At 18 the cash flow can be difficult! I'll be asking a lot of questions, and looking for lots of advice and tips. Sorry this thread will not progress like many of the amazing other builder's on here do.

So home it came on my dad's friends nice big 5th wheel trailer.

Picture as it was sitting in Point Pelee:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    On the way home, up on the trailer!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And the Camaro made it home!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. Jukes14

Jukes14 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Aylmer, Ontario
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So I drove it the whole summer everything was good, then early september the 305 in her kicked the bucket. I broke a connecting rod to the piston. That broke piece attached to the camshaft did a nice ammount of damage to my block, and cylinder walls. JUNK YARD for that engine, I salvaged any useable parts like the water pump, oil pump, starter, etc. For the time being we put back in another 305 that my dad's buddy generously gave us for free. It started right up! It's a great thing that I have a very knowledgeable great friend named Tyler who helped me out!

Pulling out the old 305:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

HERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!! :mad:
    [​IMG]

3. Jukes14

Jukes14 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Aylmer, Ontario
    Tyler with the donor 305 going in!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And it's in:
    [​IMG]

On a side note, found another proud Z28 owner at my Uncle Chris's wedding at the Delta Armouries in London Ontario, he came up to me and asked if he could go get his camaro and park beside me for a picture, I thought it was a great idea!

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. 1972RS/Z28

1972RS/Z28 Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Aylmer, Ontario, Can.
    Welcome to the board. You'll find alot of info on this site to help with your new ride. I've seen you drive around town a handful times and your car looks great. If you're out cruizin next summer stop in and we'll have a chat.

5. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greenville, TX
    Great car!! Welcome to the site!!

6. Jukes14

Jukes14 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Aylmer, Ontario
    Thank you very much! You must be Devan's dad, Darrin is it? :) I've seen pictures of your car, and a few times in person. Wow is it gorgeous! :bowtie:

7. Jukes14

Jukes14 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Aylmer, Ontario
    Thank you David!

8. V8TEC

V8TEC Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The orange paint with blacked out trim, L88 hood and T-Tops is a great combination.

Good luck with it and welcome to NastyZ. :cool:

9. Jukes14

Jukes14 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Aylmer, Ontario
    Thank you very much! I was contemplating painting the level flat top part (if you know what I mean) either glossy black or flat black. To break up the hood a little. Suggestions?

10. Jukes14

Jukes14 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Aylmer, Ontario
    And I also feel the silver on the t-tops doesn't really fit into the car well. Just my thoughts. It should be black I think