floor jacks..

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by dcs13, Jan 29, 2012.

1. dcs13

dcs13 Veteran Member

Feb 22, 2003
    McKinney,Texas USA
    Anyone bought a decent floor jack lately? Mine needs a seal and was considering just buying a new one. Speedway motors has some good deals on the aluminum version...Thought I'd check here to see if anyone has bought a deal lately
  2. cmonson

cmonson Veteran Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    Personally I would stay away from aluminum jack. Go for strength with utilizing steel.

I bought a napa professional a couple years ago. It has been a well used tool with zero issues. It has grease fittings as well as being full rebuildable.
  3. daniel76309

daniel76309 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Niceville, Florida
    A few months ago I got this:

I did a little researching online before purchasing. It is difficult to find anything made in the USA except Milwaukee, and I just couldn't justify the 3X higher price. The one I got was rated pretty highly, and seems to be good as far as I can tell. How it will last I don't know...
  4. hig

hig Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Central NY
    I bought a Napa one about 1 year ago and am very happy with it. The Aluminum Craftsman one I had before that did not last long at all.

Keep checking Napa's flyers they have some good sales on them either a reduced price or combo with the jack stands.