Freedom Battery clone

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Burd, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Burd

Burd Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    I've posted this before on this site but I don't see don't dind any pics, we're getting ready to do another run of the caps, they are black and you have to paint them along with the battery, 2 diff types of battery looks good, they have the fins on the top like the orig freedom did, I still have my Freedom battery from my 78 T/A on a shelf, dimensions were taken from this. The eye, if we can do it the same as last time was rite on, at a tour of the GM heritage center, we asked questions about the freedom battery, freedom is good through 1978 at least for Firebirds, Freedom II was avail in 1979, w e think 1977 or 1976 was for the firebird, not totally sure, you do the homework. The number on the warranty decal is for the firebird, I've had Vette guys ask us to make one for their cars, I'm not going to change the number. I found a few warranyptys that came in the glovebox paper work that's dated 1976. Nothing earlier, at least that I've seen. 3 cars at the NTz in Ohio had them on their cars and the guys in the tech lines. Old t believe they were not real. Here's my T/A wit the battery. I have a list going on my site, if you want a set you need to post there, I don't check, texts, other sites, phone calls, emails, too much to keep up with.

2. Burd

Burd Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Detroit Mi
    The pics are not loading. I don't know why. I'm using PB.

3. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 10, 2003
    USA