Good machine shop in Oklahoma or Southern KS

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by JohnTL1, Dec 29, 2011.

1. JohnTL1

JohnTL1 Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Ponca City, OK
    Hey all, just putting the feelers out for a good machine shop to have work done for my 496 build. Heard a little about Dunsworh in Enid, but that's the only one. I know more about Hebb's Machine in Wichita, Ks. They have built motors for some close friends of mine that mud race.

I'm having motor work done on my short term project at my local NAPA shop. Just figured since the 496 is going to be a hotter motor that it might be a good idea to go to a "speed shop" type of machine shop.

2. Dr. Z

Dr. Z Veteran Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Morton machine in Broken Arrow. Google it and you'll find all kinds of good references. They perform the machine work for my dads engine builder on all his roundy round modified motors, so I just had them do some welding and planing on my aluminum heads - they did good work.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  3. 73Dustin

73Dustin Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Choctaw, OK
    Boyd's Machine in Norman. Its a long haul from Ponca City. They are super busy. I dropped off my engine two weeks ago and they said it would be march before I'd get it back, but I'm not in a hurry. They have a dyno if you need those kind of services.

I grew up near Enid and remember the Dunsworth name from 20+ years ago. Never did business with them but they have been around a while.

4. arwokc

arwokc Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    I've had pretty good luck with Buddy Rice in OKC. I mainly just use them for machine shop services. I build my own engines. The do great balancing and head work too. Might give them a shot.

5. dirtplay1975

dirtplay1975 Veteran Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Arkansas City, KS
    longs engine service here in ark city just a brief 30 miles north of ya knows how to build some healthy motors, he is the old school kind of guy.