Guys.. What do you cook ?

Discussion in 'Bon Appetite - NastyZ Style' started by stinger124, Jan 10, 2012.

1. stinger124

stinger124 Veteran Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Wichita Falls Texas
    Just curious what you guys cook when its your turn to cook for the wife and kids.. Something that is pretty quick and easy..
    I can cook on the grill pretty good but I am looking to see what I can learn in the kitchen from you guys..
    One thing I cook that takes about 45 mins is.

I take Chicken Breast and put them in a pan and cover the 3/4's of the way with Zesty Italian Salad Dressing I also cut up potatoes and Carrots and put them in the pan with the dressing.
    I cover it with foil and cook on 345 degrees for about 45 mins.. Basically a full meal and its easy.. Chicken and Potatoes and Carrots have a nice italian dressing taste.. This was the 1st meal that I cooked for my wife when we were dating.. She actually thought I could actually cook something other than ramen noodles and sandwiches and or soup..
    Anyway... Just looking for ideas from you guys so I can help my wife out a little bit from time to time.. We have a pretty full schedule with all the kids playing sports and all.

Thanks for the ideas !!:cool:

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Toronto
  3. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    I don't have a turn. That's what wives are for. :D

I grill, that's it.

4. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    my wife stays at home with the kids - if supper isn't on the table every day at 5 when I get home I'll get a new wife...j/k

tuesday is my day to cook supper...it also happens to pizza day, usually Papa Johns or Hungry Howies

5. ATM

ATM Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Morris, Illinois
  6. Cardinal

Cardinal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 22, 2003
    Endicott, NY
    French Toast, pancakes, waffles, egges over easy, soft of hard boiled egg, golden brown bacon, breakfast sausauge, hash browns, home fries, hot cocolate. Lunch: PBJ and potatoe chips, fried pastami on rye bread, New England Clam Chowder with oyster crackers, Supper: pizza with hawian ham on it, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, green pepers, all HOT!, sausage, hot peppers, just to name a few things that have to be on a pizza!

7. theflash

theflash Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Podunk, CT
    Crock pot, 2.5-3lbs pork roast or pork tenderloin, 1 bottle of Stubbs BBQ sauce, cook for 6-8hrs makes some really good pulled pork.

8. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  9. 2ndgenhunter

2ndgenhunter Veteran Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Blairsville,GA
    I do 99% of the cooking in my house. I like to do it. I make everything from my own pasta and sauces to desserts.

I'm making a batch of candy today and I am making Death by Chocolate tomorrow.

I'll post the Death by Chocolate recipe later today after I have a few more Dews and get woke up. LOL

10. 79camaro2001

79camaro2001 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 4, 2003
    Monroeville, PA
    I talked about this one day with some co-workers and they looked at me like I'm crazy......

It seems this is not a familiar dish up here.