hello all

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by ronscam, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Caveman Tiny

Caveman Tiny Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 4, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, I didn't think about the LS part. I have vacuum issues due to my cam. I wish the motor that came in my car wasn't newer so I could go the LS route too.;)

2. ronscam

ronscam Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2011
    bloomsburg,Pa.
    Hello Cars, I'm using the Hotchkis TVS susp. It's for the front and rear. The front is 2 ins drop , although not everyone reports getting that. The rear is suspost to be 1.5 inchs. Looking at mine I belive I'm gonna be close to what Hotchkis says. I'v yet to have the car setting on its wheels yet with all the weight on it, but I'll soon be doing that and will post up some pics then.

3. ronscam

ronscam Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2011
    bloomsburg,Pa.
    Tiny, the Ls swap is some work and alot of mods so I wouldnt pull out a good motor to do it as you have said. But keep going fast and time will take it toll and then maybe ya can..;)

4. cars4life

cars4life Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Poughkeepsie N.Y.
    Thanks Ron I will be following up. O and do us all favor SLOW DOWN. Your makeing alot of us look bad. Lol

5. Caveman Tiny

Caveman Tiny Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 4, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, good call. I plan to stay with it for a while. Once I get the buts worked out it will be good to go.

6. ronscam

ronscam Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2011
    bloomsburg,Pa.
    Slow down... Heck I got to get off my butt and get moving! My plan was 6 months after I started putting her back together. I started on this car back in Sept 2011. Me and 2 friends tore it down and had it to media blasting in 2 days. Then I started the work on putting it all back together in mid Nov. Its now past mid March..so lets see thats about 4 months. I'v only got 2 months left and alot of work left to be done. I started on the rest of the front sheet metal and wiring the last 2 days. Soon as I finish the front sheet metal up I want to get the Ls fired up and everything bleed off and working. What makes me thing that I may not reach my 6 month goal is the block sanding and then the wet sending before paint! I hate sanding and will look for any reason to not do it:eek: I want to have this bad boy in paint no latter then the middle of next month. Spring will soon be springing and I WANT TO DRIVE:confused:

7. bad436z28

bad436z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 2, 2010
    middleville,michigan
    wow ron u have come a long way,its looking really good,u made a wise choice with the ls3 it looks awesome.

8. ronscam

ronscam Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2011
    bloomsburg,Pa.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Got the front sheet metal hung and all the bolts in..still needs some tweeking

9. ronscam

ronscam Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2011
    bloomsburg,Pa.
    [​IMG] needs some work here

[​IMG] and here

[​IMG] Oh man and here on the pass. side

[​IMG] Driver side came in alot better

10. ronscam

ronscam Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2011
    bloomsburg,Pa.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Put the hood hinges and hood on. The gaps between the fender and the hood are way to large so I'm gomma have to come up with a way to close them some. I'm thinking I will just build off the fender with some long pieces of sheet metal to close the gap and then just duraglass the tops