Help with z bar 1971

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by aztec, Feb 14, 2012.

1. aztec

aztec New Member

Feb 8, 2012
    pacific north west
    hello there need help with z bar assembly for the 4 speed on a 1971 camaro dose anyone have a pic of it on there car would help or a clear diagram .The assembly manual i have is no help i just need to know how it fit with headers on a big block going from auto to manual thanks

2. artgtr

artgtr Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Wurtsboro, NY
    Hi, We just did this conversion, to big block 468 and 4 speed. I just googled it and found a diagrahm here on nasty z/28. Or you can try Ground Up Restoration parts in Conn. I'm having a problem with clutch engagement. Also everything being new and used and having never been together before.? Right now I'm wondering if I have the correct clutch fork. Clutch will not engage. I'm sure we will sort it out. Its definately is cool though.

3. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

is this the pic you are using? I'm sorry it doesn't really get much clearer than this:

[​IMG]

4. artgtr

artgtr Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Wurtsboro, NY
    Hi, I used the one from Ground Up in Conn. but this one does show a lot. I noticed on the ground up site, that the clutch fork is different for certain year Camaros. My problem ended up being the clutch fork I bought on e-bay, it ended up being he wrong one, thats me trying to save a few bucks and ended up costing me another fork. The z bar for your car actually has a bend in it, as per Ground up z bars for sale. Mine is 73 and it didn't have the bend but does the job fine now. OK Art