Help

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by Chiefs75, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Chiefs75

Chiefs75 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Fort Rucker, AL
    I just installed new hard lines from the tranny to the radiator. When I fired up the car to check for leaks, I noticed the lower one was leaking, as I went to tighten it, it totally stripped out.

Now what do I do. Is the piece that the line screws into replaceable? If so where do I find it? If not how do I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. kirbi69

kirbi69 Veteran Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Austin, Texas, USA
    if the small nut that screwes into the big nut stripped, then yes you can replace the both nuts. if the big nut stripped where it goes into the transmission, i dunno you might want to see about getting a new transmission.

3. Chiefs75

Chiefs75 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Fort Rucker, AL
    Its the small end that recieves the line that stripped, looks like its built into the radiator, its threaded on the inside and the outside. How do I turn it out of there?

4. warped

warped Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If the problem is at the rad, the best route is to take it out and get the rad to a good shop. They can use a little heat to get the broken fitting out, and if the other fitting gets buggered up, they can easily remove it and braze in a new one. I've been there and messed up the threads on the radiator fitting before. Not fun with fluid running everywhere. Good luck.

5. Chiefs75

Chiefs75 Veteran Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Fort Rucker, AL
    Thanks, I'll have to try and get it pulled this week and look for a local radiator shop. I was a bit upset that I was sitting there leaking tranny fluid all over the concrete driveway and my garage floor making a big ol mess!!