Hi guys, my new uk project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by barri corps, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Cowman

Cowman Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Berkshire, England - UK
    Hi - Great to see another UK build! Looks like a solid base to what will no doubt be a great car. Must have been frustrating having it sat in a bodyshop with no progress being made. That would have driven me nuts!

Looks like these boys are cracking on with it though, I'll be watching with interest!

All the best.

2. barri corps

barri corps Member

Nov 26, 2010
    ipswich, united kingdom
    Spent a rare day off doing the tail light resto today.

I made a "frankenstein" tail light for the right hand side, i had a broken piece on my good tailight set on the reverse lamp so i cut the reverse lamp part of my spare set, ground it down and cut out the bad section and glued it in. Worked a treat. Sealed the lot up with exterior silicone from the inside and the job was a good un !

Tail light infills and fuel door were rubbed down and sprayed in satin black which i then lightly wire wooled to reduce the shine a little.

Sprayed the internal assembly with reflective silver paint, cleaned the inner and outer gaskets and wire wooled and t - cut the lenses...loooks as good as new especially with my new repop z28 fuel door emblem .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  3. flak monkey

flak monkey Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Norfolk, UK
    Looking good. I did similar to my tail lights, and for the effort the results are well worth it!

4. barri corps

barri corps Member

Nov 26, 2010
    ipswich, united kingdom
    More progress. a new lip has been fabricated and welded for the trunk weatherstrip to fix to as the old one had rotted away.

Front and rear screens are now out and ready for new glass, luckily all the pillars under the glass were as new.

All fillinh has been done and prepped and the bonnet (sorry...hood) has been stripped back to bare metal as it was microblistering.

Main shell is going in for primer this afteroon shortly followed by the doors and trunklid tommorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. bad436z28

bad436z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 2, 2010
    middleville,michigan
    looking good,thats gonna be a sharp car when its done,keep at it,will be watching this one.

6. ATM

ATM Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Morris, Illinois
    Awesome progress. It should be super sharp when it is done.

7. barri corps

barri corps Member

Nov 26, 2010
    ipswich, united kingdom
    Thanks, looking forward to doing some myself. I will be doing the mechanicals , interior and axle swap when i get her back.

Orange / red z28 decal kit on its way from pheonix graphics this week ! the icing on the cake i reckon.

1st thin coat of primer is now on to show up any imperfections.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BrianW78LT

BrianW78LT New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Da Burg, Va
  9. barri corps

barri corps Member

Nov 26, 2010
    ipswich, united kingdom
    In paint and yes i think she pop's !!!