I saw it with my own eyes??? Triple turbo!!!

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by mrdragster1970, Apr 14, 2012.

1. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 8, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    We've done some 4L80E builds for Duramax and Cummins diesel setups. 800+ HP and 1500+ lb/ft. Pretty crazy.

2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Tractor guys were putting triples on alcohol drinking Minni Moe's back in the 70's. Seen some of them make good pulls and equally as many blow the turbo's apart.

Anyway, that's a cool looking setup for a dragster.

3. bracketracer-78

bracketracer-78 Veteran Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Stevens, PA USA
    The guys that i work for used to pull back in the 70's and 80's. They had 3 pulling tractors. 2 of them had BF6L912 Deutz's with 3 turbos then later they went to 4 turbos.

4. Al Weyman

Al Weyman Veteran Member

Nov 11, 2008
    London UK
    Just the thing to get the greenies to put another knife into motorsport, stop giving them ammo!

5. Cataldo

Cataldo Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

At cali speedway a few years back there was a salt flater who ran his truck a full 'glass '37 ford pickup on a tube frame with some incredible diesel power. Never could get it to hook, he was either bogging it down or the turbo's spooled and it mixed in thick white smoke with all the black soot. pretty freakin' awesome. It was one hell of a show. he got it down into the high 13's maybe but at like 120mph. he'd launch in first blow the tires away bog into 3rd blow the tires away and then hit 5th or 6th gear. stupid kool.

6. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They ran again Sat.
    They definitely learned from the 1st day.
    The start up was quicker, burnout was smoother, they looked much more organised.
    It ran a little slower, but there was a ton less smoke & the engine sounded nicer??