is this rare or desirable ?

Discussion in 'VIN, Trim Tag & Drivetrain Decoding' started by Joeyspagz, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Joeyspagz

Joeyspagz New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Staten Island
    do you think this is a rare or desirable color and combination?
    80 camaro z28 charcoal gray exterior with side red z28 stripes, carmine red interior, 4 speed manual and ttops. thanks

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

The charcoal gray is a nice color for people who want it, so yes, it is desirable.

As far as rare........nobody knows. Your car is a one-of-a-kind because no other 80 Z28 has your license plate number on it.:crazy:

3. onelapduster

onelapduster Veteran Member

May 5, 2010
    South Joursey
    14,437 produced in Charcoal. Who know what number had the carmine interior. That is one of the better looking color combos that I like.

4. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

^^edit lol they all type faster than I read :)

One of the resident number crunchers might know better, but I'm not sure you can get down to the level of detail you might be looking for. But 14,437 of the camaros made that year were that color. 45,137 Z28s were made that year. How many were silver and so forth, I'm not sure if you can back into things by option.

http://www.nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro80.php

5. Joeyspagz

Joeyspagz New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Staten Island
    ok thanks guys how much do they sell for?

6. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    About the same as a silver one with blue stripes.... If it's in similar condition.

I don't think I've seen an '80 Z28 sell for much less than $500.... Or much more than $25k.

Without any more info... It's really tough to estimate a value.

7. ThumperZ28

ThumperZ28 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Oceanside,California
    Post pics?....pictures are with a thousand words

8. ThumperZ28

ThumperZ28 Veteran Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Oceanside,California
    ^worth..............stupid smart phone automatically put with on there

9. Doug G

Doug G Veteran Member

Nov 27, 1999
    Talking Rock, Ga.
    A friend of mine had a Charcoal/red combo with Carmine interior, and there were 3 others within 20 miles of here. The Silver/light blue combo is one I have only seen recently. A high school senior (girl) has one, that her parents bought her. It is cool, and different!! The 4 speed is a plus!