Level II DMV Inspections?

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by Toomanyhobbys, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Toomanyhobbys

Toomanyhobbys Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    Well loaded up Elvira on a trailer this weekend and hauled the bitch to Yuma to get title and plates. Opened up the door and no Federal Sticker.... sorry you poor bastard but Level II's are only conducted on Monday and Tuesdays, first come first serve ARRRGGGG. So now I need to find a DMV here in the Phx metro area to get the Level II done. Anybody know what this entails and where I need to go?

Marv thanks for the offer, I need to work some of the obvious crap first like poorly bent fuel lines... Kinked, etc I advanced the timing upfrom 5.5 to 12 and that took most of the high speed stumble out of it. I can't get total timing on it yet until I get a tach on the POS

2. Jim Mac

Jim Mac Veteran Member

Dec 28, 2004
    tucson az USA
    why do you need a level two inspection? I know in tucson the main DMV does them, just call your local DMV office and ask where and when. Jim

3. Toomanyhobbys

Apr 12, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    Jim you have to stop brathing in so much carb cleaner.... NO FEDERAL STICKER ON THE DOOR

4. gila

gila Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Superior, Arizona
    Nice avatar TMH , You owe me one !

5. Toomanyhobbys

Apr 12, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    Yes I thought so

Well went in for Level II and did not even get to the inspection. The informed I need to pull the heater box off the firewall. ARRRRGGGGHHHH how much more do I need to do??

6. Devryn

Devryn Veteran Member

Aug 16, 1999
    AZ
    What's the reasoning behind that one?

7. Toomanyhobbys

Apr 12, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    Without the decal on the door, they have to do a secondary VIN check. The other VIN is located on the firewall behind the heater box. The reason is that the dash VIN plate can be replaced very easily. Guy was telling me that they had a 68 Camaro, matching numbers come in/ No Fed Decal. After he yanked the heater box they discovered the car was not matching numbers but constructed from salvage. Guy was super pissed.

8. gila

Sep 6, 2004
    Superior, Arizona
    Jerry,
    I just got plates for my Trans-am and they never looked at the car. I guess they only do that if it's from out of state. It has no Federal Sticker on the door either; I had to look in the glove box to see if it came with remote door locks.

9. Toomanyhobbys

Apr 12, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    Yup outta state, I talked to a Chevy Dealer and he said it's BS, the guys at DMV don't know what they are talking about. I can't get a replacement sticker. The rivets are especially made and are not sold. If the Inspector at DMV knew what he was doing I wouldn't have to go thru this crap.

10. gila

Sep 6, 2004
    Superior, Arizona
    Why don't you start hitting up different DMV's till you find one that will do it for you.