Link on Sales Ad redirects to Yahoo

Discussion in 'SiteTopic' started by CorkyE, Dec 8, 2016.

1. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    I've tried this on both '78 & '79 Camaro Info pages. When I click on the "Click above images to view Z28 Sales Ad full size.", I'm redirected to a Yahoo Small Business page, here's the link; https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

I've viewed these brochures previously, so I know the links used to work. I'm using Firefox 50.0.2 (latest) and have cleared both online & offline cached web content, then restarted my computer. Someone drop some malware on us?

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    I tried it this morning and it isn't happening here on my computer. There are a number of possibilities. It could simply be your ISP. Sometimes when they can't find a page you ask for, they redirect to a search type page like Yahoo. Also, check your "hosts" file. I don't know what you are running so I can't tell you exactly where to find it. It should be somewhere in your system files. The only IP number listed in that file should be 127.0.0.1. Any other IP numbers or sites listed there will redirect you.
    If it continues, try a second computer to see if it happens there too. If it does, the problem is outside your computer. If it doesn't happen on the second computer, dig deeper into the one that it happens on.

3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Thanks for looking into this Gary. I'm getting same results on 3 computers so it could be an ISP issue. I've rebooted my router and same thing. I'll see if I can bug my son this weekend, he's an IT guy in the Navy plus he went to school with a couple of tech guys at our local ISP.

4. MadMike

MadMike Administrator Staff Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    Thanks. I'll fix it.