Modern Deck - MP3/Pandora/Blackberry or Flash Drive - fits stock dash?

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by sbca96, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mgoad1971

mgoad1971 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Houston, Texas

Can it play mp3 straight from an SD card???? 5G SD card can hold a butt load of music!!!! Plus, I won't have a cord to tangle with
  2. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Yep :bowtie:
  3. sbca96

sbca96 Veteran Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Agreed. But on the flip side - she has tons of CDs and it takes time to rip the
    CD and put in a USB device. I have a near new changer I can use, so it gives
    the option of simply putting some CDs in.

4. AceZ28_OVERKILL

AceZ28_OVERKILL Veteran Member

Dec 25, 2004
    Walkerton, In, 46574
    single din, with oversized face

The 8 inch pyle dvd I used has a single din rectangle hole that almost all newer cd decks use, but it has a double size face... I set the meatal cage it uses to hold into the dash out about 3/4 of an inch, and used some black vynal wrapped around it make it impossible to see(so it would clear the stepped out lip at bottom of the dash)... it was the only viable way to get a 8 inch screen in original stereo location... A double din is far to big to fit in the opening, and the fold up style won't fit because of dash pad sticking out above... Any other questions let me know... It has an SD slot in the side, a micro usb in the face, and can play WMA, MP#, and all video formats also, can store your wma files on a dvd and play it that way also, or from a flash drive...
  5. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Jul 3, 2003
    Chebanse, IL USA
  6. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Yes, they definitely are. LOL

My 1998 and mother's 1997 Lexus's have them.....I hardly ever use it because I don't use CD's anymore.
    I have to go raid my brother's DJ music collection since I tossed all mine out years ago.
  7. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Funny thing is, I still use CDs even though my deck has a USB input and Ipod control capability.
    That Pyle unit looks like a good idea. Some of their stuff is crap and some is pretty darn good, like the marine stuff.
  8. KEVS79

KEVS79 Veteran Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Something alot of people forget is using a cassette adapter if your unit doesn't have an aux input. Also my CD changer fit perfect in my glove box after I removed the cardboard.
  9. sbca96

sbca96 Veteran Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Damn, that one had me jazzed until I saw "2 channel" .. any 4 channels?

10. sbca96

sbca96 Veteran Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I found this unit today, and it might solve two problems for me. I'm still trying
    to figure out where to mount the PCM for the LT1 swap, the location where
    the radio is seems like a first choice, but well .. the radio is there. This setup
    uses a face plate, and a remote mounted stereo unit (under seat/in trunk). It
    looks pretty good to solver both the no cut dash and PCM issue.

What do you guys think?