Mole removal from the yard...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by FlaJunkie, Apr 28, 2010.

1. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Indialantic, Florida
    Any suggestions on how to eliminate moles from the yard? PERMANENTLY. :mad:
  2. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    Douse yard in kerosene, light on fire. Bring in front end loader, dig entire yard down one foot, haul away dirt. Have them move back in from your neighbor's yard in a week anyway.:rolleyes:

I have zero idea. I tried for 10+ years in my yard in Orlando- traps, poison, smashing. I even had the help of a resident black snake, but I always had a few tunnels. Infuriating, like Dan Akroyd on Caddyshack!
  3. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    Moles are extremely destructive to lawns. I trap mine, but have never gotten rid of them completely. I finally just told myself that they are a pest that I will have to constantly keep after.

I use the claw traps with pretty good success.
  4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

If you can find any of their tunnels, put in a little D-Con or any other brand of rodent poison. If you can get them to eat it, they won't bother you again. And, if you have a dog or cat and it finds one of the dead moles, the poison won't hurt your pets.
    I've used this for field mice and gophers, but their tunnels are easy to find and fill with food.
  5. 70CamaroGuy

70CamaroGuy Veteran Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Concord, NC
    i heard from an old timer that you could use those little windmill things you stick in your yard. It vibrates the ground and they wont come around. Ive never personally had to deal with them.
  6. Camaro GT

Camaro GT Veteran Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Kamloops, BC.
    i just had a yellow bellied marmot move into my yard so ive got the same problem

i was gonna throw some screeacharoo bombs down the hole and scare it into living in my neighbours yard

hell if it dont work i still got to play around with home made firecrackers hahah
  7. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Dursban. Kill the bugs they eat and they will go away.
  8. theflash

theflash Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Podunk, CT
    Garden hose, stick it in one of their tunnels and filler up.
  9. speedfreak1000

speedfreak1000 Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Springfield, kentucky