Msd atomic efi

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by DMSTAINLESS, Apr 14, 2012.

1. DMSTAINLESS

DMSTAINLESS Veteran Member

Sep 19, 2010
    ILL
    Im getting ready to pull the trigger on the msd atomic efi and was hoping to get some input from the members here. Has anybody gone this route? Hows the quality? And were u happy with the purchase and the outcome? Also with the master kit did u have all that u needed for the install?
    Thx

2. DMSTAINLESS

Sep 19, 2010
    ILL
  3. 1WILDZ

1WILDZ Veteran Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Rockland County, NY
    A buddy of mine got the.very 1st one that Jegs sold, we havent put it on yet. We took the whole subframe off, and the rear suspension also. Prob in a week or two. Its going in a 1968 camaro with a 496BBC. Stay tuned...

4. DMSTAINLESS

Sep 19, 2010
    ILL
    I saw a power block utube they put one on a 69 nova. Really smoothed it out and numbers improved nicely, about 30 hp at the wheels. But most importantly it made the car very street able and fun.

5. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    What made you decide between the MSD Atomic and the Holley Avenger?

I need to make a decision on this myself in the near future. I am leaning towards the MSD too, primarily bc it is reportedly easier to install and manage.

6. PolarBear

PolarBear Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 24, 2008
    NJ
    I read through the MSD instructions. It really isnt any easier to install than the Holley and it doesnt control the timing still.

IMO I dont know why anyone would want anything other than the Holley, it is just so much better

7. DMSTAINLESS

Sep 19, 2010
    ILL
    Yep I like the pulse flow pump that pushes the fuel and no need for a return, I also like the look of the unit better than the ez efi, also that it supports enuf hp for my application some of the others were only 400 hp. Also if u order by the end of may they throw in an msd 6a box for free.

8. DMSTAINLESS

Sep 19, 2010
    ILL
    The holley has way more connections and it uses a return line. Also the good one is the multiport which requires the new intake and does not keep the old school carb look. It may have more options but that also means less simple to me... The multiport is also a grand more. I'm leaning towards the simplicity of the msd.

9. kawboy

kawboy Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Indiana
    I have looked at the MSD at trade shows and when I am ready for one it will be the MSD. Originally it was the EZ EFI until I saw the new MSD.

10. newschool72

newschool72 Veteran Member

Feb 25, 2011
    forsyth,ga
    I hope the MSD works as well for you as the Fast EZ is working for me. I do like the Holly carb look of the MSD. Time will tell if it is as good or better than the Fast in function. Good Luck and I will be waiting to hear of how well it works for you.:cool: