Paint it at home?! Shoot-we paint it in the backyard!

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by wookie, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookie

wookie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Daytona Florida
    Shot today in base/clear OUTSIDE the booth as we had two cars in the booth being painted...Proof you can paint just about anywhere...This was after one shot of clear...It got another round to really look "Wet"..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Southern Maryland
    As long as you're not shooting my stuff outside you can do whatever you want! Depends on where you live too, out here you could most certainly not get away with that, with the pollen, bugs and whatever else is in the air.

3. 72350RS

72350RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    USA
    Outstanding as always... :cool:

Redying interior parts, I was pretty proud how they turned out. Now I know I got nothing....:p

4. 72350RS

72350RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    USA
    Wow- that was about the worst grammar I've ever used, and all in one line...

5. msgZ28

msgZ28 Veteran Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Looks great! What color is that, and what car is it for, if you don't mind me asking. I got your DVD's, but haven't had a chance to watch them yet. I hope my stuff turns out as good. I think I'll need a lot of practice panels.

6. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Awesome.
    I think I've painted more vehicles outside than inside over the years and the majority of the ones inside are in a barn. BC/CC has really taken the "hard" out of painting.

7. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Well, it IS purple. Hard to screw that up any worse.....

:pJ/K, Looks good. I'd love to have just 1/2 of your talent of painting.:bowtie:

8. ProStreet383

ProStreet383 Veteran Member

May 23, 2007
    MD
    My car was painted in a garage. ;) My cousin wet the floor and walls before he shot the paint. Couple coats of clear then wetsand then 2 more coats then wetsand and buff. That is him in front of the car in the last pic. He has done a ton of show cars and a few have been in the world of wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. wookie

wookie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Daytona Florida
  10. ProStreet383

ProStreet383 Veteran Member

May 23, 2007
    MD

My cousin did run into a major issue with house of kolor. Had a car in which the clear peeled off like saran wrap before it ever left his shop. Called up HOK and they told him different instructions than what was listed on the label. He was PISSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.