Panel Adhesive

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by patpkk, Apr 14, 2012.

1. patpkk

patpkk Veteran Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello, just moved my shell to a body shop. Owner has a three beautiful cars that he has done there, look great. However something he said scares me a bit and would like some opinions and thoughts.
    He says he likes to use pannel adhesive to install pannels on the car.
    What are thoughts? I have new quarters, drop off, outer wheel housings and tail pannel to be installed.

Pat.

2. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Altoona, PA
    This topic gets bantered about a good bit. I guess, at the end of the day, I would just like to see pictures of somebody who did it to a Camaro.

I glued a truck bedside patch and was about as happy with that as the other side that I welded as a comparision. . .both are rusty failures 3 year later!

It will be interesting to see what you decide and if you glue them. I would like to see step by's of somebody who did it then see pictures of the car years later. Most importantly, I would like to know the best product which produces lasting results.

Brent

3. kawboy

kawboy Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Indiana
    Panel adhesive works well in some applications. But if you are talking about glueing a quarter on you definately want to do a full seam weld where it meets the roof. That is what I have heard anyways.