PSI CONVERSIONS or SPEARTECH?? need a harness for ls3 with 4L70e trans

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by QUAKE_WARS, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Who is running what? I hear real good things about both. PSI is way cheaper with no current negative reviews and SPEARTECH been around for a long time but $$$$$

Im thinking PSI but want to hear what anyone has to say!!! Thanks.

2. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    I do know PSI LSx truck harnesses use wiring which is not j1128 specified which means they aren't recommended for underhood use and the related heat. I've had a few of their harnesses sent to me to "overhaul" with j1128 Delphi SXL wiring which I use anyway....but those are for the truck guys-I don't do other ones yet.

3. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2008
    SF
    I went with affordable efi and have no issues

4. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    The reason for verifying wire quality is because A LOT of problems a few years after an install is that excessive ambient heat can begin to attack wiring that isn't rated high enough which changes the resistance value of the inner strands-which can (but not always) lead to erratic sensor inputs which can magnify problems or create them where none are in actuality. To take a chance in a complete re-wire just to save a few bucks isn't worth it imo. Just ask whoever you going with for a harness if it's j1128 rated (275F protection) and if they don't know or can't tell you, then it most likely isn't very high quality.