Rear Seat Hump Cover Question!

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by 74Z28GC3, May 3, 2010.

1. 74Z28GC3

74Z28GC3 Veteran Member

Sep 1, 2000
    North Pole, Alaska
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a rear seat hump cover that came on the 70 - 74 Camaro's? I need it in the Neutral/Off White color or black. This cover was located in between the rear seats located on the middle hump area. The only person that use to carry them that I know is James at Moementum Camao Parts who in not in business anymore.

Thanks,
    George

2. moehoward

moehoward Veteran Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Rochester NY USA
    Ebay,
    Thats where I got mine.

3. DANZ

DANZ Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Purcellville,Va.
    An auto upholstery shop made mine. I had my old one, they matched it with the correct material and stitched around the edges. It didn't cost much.......

4. Kregb

Kregb Veteran Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Erie, CO
    I need one too

Last one on E-bay sold for $52.00. I had the bid at $37.50 with two seconds and lost it my max was $51.00. It didn't look all that good but would have made a decent pattern. Does any body have one they would be willing to trace I would pay a little something for the effort?

5. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    I have been working on making a repop of this part in black. The prototypes didn't have enough flex (need to find a different cardboard backing). Cost is another issue. What would this be worth delivered?

6. Kregb

Kregb Veteran Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Erie, CO
    I thought the backing was a jute material like under the carpet. Mine needs to be blue not sure what a good price would be it's one of those limited demand pieces.

7. RS70Z28

RS70Z28 Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2002
    Brownsville, Pa
    I know that this won't help for information for cover, but I've posted this before and never received an answer. My 1st week January built Camaro did not have cover, but a piece of carpet that is shaped like cover. It has a September date code and part number on a piece of paper that was stapled to the backside. Did anyone else have carpet instead of cover?

8. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    There is jute over part of the underside of the hump cover but the vinyl is glued to a flexible cardboard backing (layered vinyl/cardboard/jute). So far I've had no luck finding a cardboard to match.

9. 70 RS/Z28

70 RS/Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Let me know if you get it together, I'd be interested. :)

10. 74Z28GC3

74Z28GC3 Veteran Member

Sep 1, 2000
    North Pole, Alaska
    I contact Terry at Camaro Connecton yesterday and he said that he can get the rear seat hump cover for about $29.95. He told me that if I order my rear seat covers for my 74 Z28, that the rear middle hump cover will come with the sear covers. Anyone interested in purchasing just the hump cover may want to call Terry at toll free # 1-888-629-6857. He is located in Virginia. His website is: www.camarojunction.com

His website shows 67-69 Camaros, but he sells 70-81 Camaro parts also.

George