Rear Seat Hump Cover Question!

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by 74Z28GC3, May 3, 2010.

1. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    I knew the hump cover came with full interior sets but had yet to see anyone sell them separate. I'd love to see photos of what you receive.

2. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    [​IMG] JK

3. ATM

ATM Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Morris, Illinois
    Now that is really beautiful. Brings tears to my eyes. I can see a Dream Catcher hanging from the mirror, and some howling wolves seat covers on the front.

4. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    I thought most seat covers had elastic straps so that it will stay put. You might want to consider adding those.

5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    its the "hump cover" we'll just bolt the rear seats on top of it. it'll do double duty as a sound deadener.

6. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

[​IMG]

I'll have these available (Black Only) for pick up at CARLISLE JUne 25th/June 26th.

$28.95 No shipping, no sales tax. I will have few on hand, but to guarantee yours pre-order, prepay ASAP.

Satisfaction guaranteed or your money refunded (AFTER Carlisle)

We can discuss shipping these to (whereever) after I return from CARLISLE.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  7. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    Chuck, I know you mentioned these pieces last time we got together. They look pretty good! Nice to see a reproduction of this piece. My carpet kit never came with this, so I made my own. I think it really finishes things off back there.

8. CamarosRus

I spoke with mfg on Thursday AM 6/18/2010.

1) Piece is symmetrical and once again made from original pattern as Joe has pictured above

2) Material used has what is refered to as MADRID patterned vinyl. I forgot to ask what oz/weight per sq/yd. Anyway mfg chose whatever is currently closest to original sample.

3) Mfg will make one in white or "light" colored vinyl material, for those needing to use SEM dye to match Sandlewood interior for example.

I have three ordered for CARLISLE with now two of them spoken for. Monday, June 21st will be my cut off day for any additional CARLISLE (Free Freight) 2010, orders. AFTER Carlisle I'll begin to process shipped orders.

I also have one person that has ordered and paid for a molded hood pad (FREE DELIVERY) at Carlisle.

I have "in hand" one of the MOMEMTUM repop covers. I have never installed it. The accurracy and shape do not seem to mirror the original/survivors that I have. The piece of jute material on back is not shaped same as original. Having said all that the black material seems to be fine and installed it might be just fine.

9. CamarosRus

Doug, I dont know for sure, but I'm thinking the carpet repro mfg ACC never included the vinyl piece with carpet sets.

The interior mfg company PUI, does make something they include with their rear seat repro kits.
    Apparently PUI does not offer this peice separately.

Your gorgeous car of course has a custom made interior, so as you mentioned you wound up making your own.

FOR ALL of Dougs friends reading this, if it just wasnt so darn far, I swear I'd hi jack his car and bring it CARLISLE in my trailer, so everybody could finally see it in person...........but alas it's not happening this year.

10. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    That makes sense. My carpett is the ACC brand, and they do include the carpet tail so you at least have carpet between the rear seats. I assume this carpet section would need to be removed before installing this seat hump cover. Otherwise you would end up with a pretty thick area between the seats.

I left the carpet section and placed the cover right over the top. My cover didn't include the padding under it, so I just left the carpet there between the seats. Gives it a plush feel.

Thanks for the compliments on my car. Maybe one of these years you and I can split the cost of gas and trailer my car across the country.