Sat Nite Show at Lindsay & Main

Discussion in 'Arizona Region' started by Toomanyhobbys, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Toomanyhobbys

Toomanyhobbys Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    Saw in one of the hot rod rags that there is a "Pavillions" type of show every Sat nite at Lindsay and Main. Anybody been there yet?

2. FSEVENTY

FSEVENTY Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Mesa, AZ USA
    I don't know how often it meets, but it is just down the street from me. It's in the parking lot of KMart at that corner. It dosen't get anwhere near the amount of people that you get at the Pavillions, but it's more laid back with "real" cars rather than some of the magabuck jobs you'll find in Scottsdale. Don't get me wrong, I like looking at a wide range of cars, as long as they are not just "blister pack" slap together bling.

3. Toomanyhobbys

Apr 12, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    "Blister Pack Thrown Together Bling"

Hmmmm do stickers count in that category? LMAO

4. FSEVENTY

FSEVENTY Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Mesa, AZ USA
    Ahh, but stickers add hp without adding weight! The best stickers are the one's made with secret helium glue, so that they even make your car lighter. I'm currently planning on completely covering my wife's van with Type R stickers, and I guestmate that it will weight about 11lbs when I'm done!! Too bad that traction and cornering go out the window, but think of the overall top speed and gas milage!!!

Since some people are intimidated by the Pavillions, maybe we could start meeting at the KMart on Saturdays! I would probably show up cuz it's just down the street from me.

5. gila

gila Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Superior, Arizona
    Do they Barbeque at the Kmart? I think I’ll have to try that out real soon, sounds like fun.

6. dakdawn

dakdawn Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 19, 2002
    Gilbert AZ USA
    Who is IN CHARGE of this event... curious if this location *moved* from somewhere else in the east valley or just an ADD ON to the already known places.

7. Toomanyhobbys

Apr 12, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    Not sure someone should make a run and see whats up

8. FSEVENTY

FSEVENTY Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Mesa, AZ USA
    I stopped by there Saturday night around 9:00 and no car show. It must not be an every weeked thing. If you locals are serious, I can make the rounds every Saturday until someone shows up and let you know. If nothing eles, if it's empty the next two weeks, odds are good that the following week people will be there if it's monthly.

9. Toomanyhobbys

Apr 12, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    I was gonna head there SAt evening about 8:00 pm , but yard work got the best of me, or was it the beer? NAW it was yard work

10. shortbed454

shortbed454 Veteran Member

Dec 16, 2005
    phoenix
    sonic

i usualy go out to sonic on 35ave and union hills on sat. night. allot of mustangs and ricers but usualy you see some sweet camaros.