saw a bald eagle in flight today .

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by twozs, May 6, 2013.

1. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    i live in the middle Hudson valley NY and i heard nesting bald eagles were repopulating . i was driving north on RT9 near peekskill ( ansville circle not the country or mountains by any means ) and lo and behold there it was at about 75 feet in the air . the white head and tail , very impressive . the guy in front of me saw it too and we gave each other the thumbs up . Ive been alive 52 years and there is always a first around every corner . no pictures as i was driving .http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/9382.html

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  2. JWZ28

JWZ28 Veteran Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Alabama
    I've been lucky enough to see several in the wild here in Alabama and one up close in the wild while fishing in the Canadian border waters. They really are fascinating and GIANT.

3. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    I live near the Mississippi River and have the pleasure of watching eagles all the time. I've also had the pleasure of seeing them while on vacation near Lethbridge Alberta.

I sometimes get fairly close (well, reasonably close with a big lens...;)). This one was near Lethbridge.

[​IMG]

4. volsfan

volsfan Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2008
    daytona beach, fl
    Champ that is a badass pic! Right click...save

5. 77z28327

77z28327 Veteran Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Pensacola, FL
    I've seen a couple and yes it is really cool to see. I've noticed a lot more birds of prey in our area which is a good sign for the eco-system. We get to watch them hunt over the airport field across from our shop. We've seen them come up with rabbits, snakes, mice. They usually go to the antenna towers next to our shop and start tearing into their catch.

6. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    How about a little birdie friend of that guy...;)

This little guy would barely fill my hands - a Burrowing Owl...

[​IMG]

I "shot" him near Lethbridge also.

7. JOHNNYMO

JOHNNYMO Veteran Member

Great pics Champ!!! Im lucky enough to live just a minute away from the Arkansas River which flows right through town. If ytou travel west about 20 minutes west up river there are Bald Eagles there. Ive seen a couple flying with trout in their talons. Never gets old spending time on the Arkansas in the Colorado Rockies.

8. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Bloomington, MN
    Great pics! :cool:

I see eagles around here quite often.

I saw a pair of crows terrorizing one last week as it flew through my neighborhood.
    Bald eagles make crows look puny. I don't know why eagles don't just annihilate them when they do that. :confused:
    (Crows must taste horrible.)

9. ctchap70

ctchap70 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I live on a lake in NE La and there are a few there. I was in awe the first time I saw one of them. I thought Hawks were big. The eagle flew over my head at about 100'. Beautiful. Took me 42 years to see one also.

10. southern-breeze

southern-breeze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 24, 2004
    north alabama
    I live by the lake also ,and last year I seen one by my pond nesting in the trees, but they tend to come here every year