SO who else has the "Crud" aka sinus infection, flu like symptoms

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by f-body, Feb 16, 2008.

1. f-body

f-body Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2000
    Dallas
    So I have been fighting this for three weeks and it just wont go away. I have flu like or cold like syptoms. Stuffy head, sinus drainage and headaches behind my eye and now my teeth hurt. Yeah I know stop whinning.
    Been to the doctor. I have some meds now but a virus can not be stopped by antibiotics, antibiotics only work on bacteria. So if anyone has any suggestions. I am tired of taking dayquill and nyquill and Halls. My head is killing. Fluids and rest and vitamins I know.
    Help!!!!!

2. pdq67

pdq67 BANNED

Jul 26, 2001
    Columbia, MO, USA
    I live w/ this crap and my last bout was like two weeks ago. I got some 400 mg Avelox tab's and it knocked it right out of me!

Suckers are high-priced, but they do the job for me!!

And drink plenty of WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdq67

PS., I usually start w/ like a 1000 mg of Asprin twice to three time's a day until my stomach back's up on me! And if that doesn't get it, I go for the Avelox.

3. noj akrog

noj akrog Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Richmond, Tx.
    I had the same dang thing a couple of weeks ago. After suffering for almost three weeks, thinking that a cold should go away after 7-10 days, wifee convinced me to go see a doctor. Yep, sure enough, sinus infection was the diagnosis. Got a script for antibiotics and a decongestant and got to feeling better in a few days. Good luck and hope you get better!

oh yeah, and dring lots of water

4. TheFly

TheFly Guest

Ya got black mold growing on your brain ;)

5. 79CamaroMan

79CamaroMan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 28, 2002
    Farmington Hills, MI
    I just got over a nasty sinus infection this week. Headache, sore throat, nasty yellow/green/brown phlem comin up all day and night, general feeling of crappiness....It lasted about a week, didnt miss any work but I should have. Mucinex helped, so did the Excedrin, and the Nyquil. I can still feel my throat a little bit in the morning, but its almost healed now..

I rarely ever get sick, but at least when I do get sick I get over it in a relatively short time. I'm sure that will change as I age.

6. southern-breeze

southern-breeze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 24, 2004
    north alabama
    i had it 2 weeks ago also .and i went and got 2 shots and infection pills and bottle of prescription cough syrup and took alot of nyquil and finally the sinus infection went away ,

7. busterswt

busterswt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 4, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I got it two weeks ago. Flu-like symptoms lasting a day, but overall crappy feeling lasting a week or so. Still coughing crap up...

8. noj akrog

noj akrog Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2003
    Richmond, Tx.
    yeppers

^^^^^^^^^^
    count on it!!! one of the benefits of seniority :rolleyes:

9. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

I had it a couple of weeks ago. Kicked my butt. Horrible horrible stuff. Lasted about a week and a half, I wanted to die.

10. Redge

Redge Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    I had a horrible case of the flu from Monday night to Thursday afternoon. I hit 103.7* I'm still coughing my lungs out though.

I don't know about everywhere else, but this season there are TONS of people getting the flu around here. Half the people I know have come down with it in the last month. No joke.

Worst part for me though is, I was cocky about it since I haven't been sick beyond a few sniffles in the last 3 years.....then I get it.:(