truck bed liner for noise reduction

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by markdelancy, Mar 15, 2009.

1. markdelancy

markdelancy New Member

Nov 3, 2007
    Has anybody tried this to reduce inside cabin noise. I have read some other uses but have not tried it. Any feedback good stories or bad would be appreciated
  2. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Put some of the herculiner in the trunk of a convertible I had stopped alot of noise but the odor from the stuff stayed in the car for almost a year and that is in a convertible with the windows down almost all the time.

3. 91chevywt

91chevywt Veteran Member

May 27, 2008
    South Jersey, NJ
    Are you talking about like a thick rubber mat? Or something like a Rhino Liner?
  4. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Herculiner is a rolled on epoxy based bedliner similar to rhino liner

5. Chaindrive

Chaindrive Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Cornpatch, USA
    Great stuff for noise reduction and underbody protection from almost anything. Fourwheelers LOVE the stuff inside and out on our vehicles!

Downsides: Expensive. Very Permanent.

Herculiner is a thinner, weaker, cheaper d.i.y. version than professionally applied LineX or RhinoLiner.

Another effective d.i.y. alternative is Marhyde #4311 Professional Rubberized Paintable Undercoating. Also very tough stuff and even attractive. Nothing at all like the tar undercoating you generally think of.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  6. RS125

RS125 Veteran Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Hi I just bought a 25 sq ft. Of fat mat which is basically a cheaper version of Dynamat. I'm going to experiment putting it under the rear dash and I was thinking to stick it to the back of my door panels cause they are original and falling apart a bit anyways and it could help to reduce road noise or just help the car sound more quiet in general. I would love to eventually line the whole floor with the stuff... but speaking of smells it kinda stinks!

I'm trying to cover up the sound of my FM exhaust.
  7. 3origZlovers

3origZlovers Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 25, 2004
    Springfield,MO. USA
    Make sure whatever you cover the floorpan with, know that some areas will get pretty warm, so keep that in mind, especially if you don't want things to start getting stinky while you're out crusin'.

Nice car, split bumper '73's are hard to come by...great find! :D
  8. -=79z28=-

-=79z28=- Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    fatmat smells like a fresh repaved road when it gets hot. its a pain to install and it didnt give me a definite noticable difference in my truck. at least i bought the 25 sq ft to try it out first. LOL
  9. KJZ28

KJZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Brewsterico, New Fail
    You are not going to notice much with only 25sq ft. I tried.