Turn signals not working

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Camaro in OZ, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Camaro in OZ

Camaro in OZ Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Australia
    I have a 1973 Camaro and the turning lights are not working, I have power to the relay and when I ground the other terminal with a test light the test light globe flashes. From there that wire dissapears into a wiring harness. Help with what and how to test the next part of the system would be a great help, thankyou.....................ò¿ó¬..................

2. Rick76LT

Rick76LT Veteran Member

May 30, 2006
    Tulsa, Okla.
    When you flip the turn signal arm, does the bulbs light up or does it not do anything? If they light up, but dont flash, i think its usually the bulbs or the flasher itself. Those are the usaul things i check first and 98% of the time for me, one of those is the problem. other than that im not much help.

3. Camaro in OZ

Camaro in OZ Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Australia
    Thanks for that, The bulbs are ok the hazard lights work properly, I know they are on a diffrent curcuit but all the lights flash when I put the hazards on.
    when I flip the turn signal arm no lights come on at all............ò¿ó¬...........

4. curtg21

curtg21 Veteran Member

May 31, 2005
    Sarasota,FL
    most likely is the turn signal switch in the column. Check for loose wires before you buy a new one though.