Welcome to Ground Up

Discussion in 'Ground Up' started by MadMike, Feb 26, 2011.

1. doublec

doublec Veteran Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Harrisburg, Pa
    I purchased and received a set of door sill plates for my 72 Camaro. I was very suprised to see that the oval "Body By Fisher" emblems are not attached and have no adhesive back on them...how do I attach these???

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Toronto
    Send them a msg using Twitter (@groundupresto). I have in the past and they are super fast.
    I'm just going through these posts for the 1st time. Welcome aboard Ground Up. You have great products and prices.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  3. COPO

Sep 15, 1999
    Toronto
    Yeah it's just too bad US and Canada can't get together and let products through the mail as if Canada was part of the US. It's just plain ol BS. I usually wait till my wife goes down to Princeton NJ for work and order stuff to the Hotel then I'll drive down and on the weekend we hit NY City and catch a show on Broadway and go to some nice restaurant.

BTW, if anyone ever orders window crank handles, you need to use the GM locking clip, otherwise the odd looking one that's made for Ground Up is too loose and doesn't lock as well as the GM clip. I really don't know why the supplier couldn't repo the clip or just buy a few hundred from GM and include them with the handle. Anyways, that was my fix.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  4. Ground Up

Ground Up Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    @doublec we've seen those come through here with adhesive and backing without.

your best bet is to use a hot glue gun and glue the emblems onto the sill plates. that way the emblems won't be raised up (like if you used double sided tape) and you won't have to worry about them falling off.

hope that helps!

5. Ground Up

Ground Up Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    @COPO much agreed!

We are able to offer FedEx International Economy now which is cost effective and includes brokerage fees but sometimes the shipping cost to Canada can be out of hand.

Have you had multiple problems with the window handle clips? This is the first we've heard about the clips not working out. We sell hundreds of the window crank kits so it's possible that maybe it was a bad batch or something.

6. COPO

Sep 15, 1999
    Toronto
    Without removing mine, I looked on the web. The dia of the one you sell is thin and is not the correct shape.

This is what a GM clip looks like.
    [​IMG]

Bottom Pic
    The clip that comes with G.Up handle part # F00076 67-81 clear looks like the one on the right. (both clips in this pic are not GM clips and do not have the correct bends).
    Maybe you haven't heard of any problems because all the buyers are doing as I did and used their GM clip.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  7. Prototype4342

Prototype4342 Veteran Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Las Cruces, NM
    You might want to start making your heater delete plates out of a different material. This is what the heat from my headers did from a short drive around the block.

[​IMG]

8. Ground Up

Feb 25, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
  9. indy camaro

indy camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 22, 2011
    USA
    I took the advice of other Nasty Z28 members and I called Ground Up. Well I called 4 times, told them what I needed and someone said everytime they would call me back and tell me availability and total cost. That was 2 weeks ago so I spent my 4,000$ else where. (Placed my order and got everything in 2 days) Just letting you know so you can address this problem.

10. Ground Up

Feb 25, 2011
    Naugatuck, CT
    indy, sending you a PM now, thanks for bringing this to our attention!