which throttle bracket to use?

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by PEGLEG_1, Sep 22, 2012.

1. PEGLEG_1

PEGLEG_1 Veteran Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Huntsville AL
    I am installing a hi rise intake with a demon carb. I have a 350 turbo trans.

Which throttle bracket do you guys recommend that I go with?

2. hhott71

hhott71 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Joplin Mo. 64801
    You had what on there to begin with?
    I reused the factory brackets. I bolted down it down on an original Torker, a '69 Z/28 Hi rise intake, a Victor JR a Holley 300-25
    YES you must bend the bracket to line up the direction and the distance where the cable housing is anchored and such. I used a 10" crescent wrench, Vice grips etc. to make it work. I then removed it and painted it then bolted it back up and no one knew any different. COST? My time.
    Looks? Just fine. Functionality? 100% perfect.

3. PEGLEG_1

PEGLEG_1 Veteran Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Huntsville AL
    I don't have the factory brackets any more. when I got the car it had the cheap chrome bracket that goes under the carb mounting bolts. I change that out for one that bolts up using the intake manfold bolts. Was looking at the holley one that bolts up using the front and back carb bolts.

4. night rider

night rider Veteran Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Bremen, Ga
  5. gingerbreadman

gingerbreadman Veteran Member

Jun 2, 2009
    gold coast , australia
    depends what demon you have but if its a 4150 style these things are excellent . good for throttle and kickdown.

[​IMG]

there are cheaper imitations which can be as good and do the job in this same style. CSR and CVR do similar things.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-20-112/?rtype=10

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  6. GOLF72

GOLF72 Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2010
    CORONA, CA
  7. hhott71

hhott71 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Joplin Mo. 64801
    [​IMG]

The Racecar, no kickdown, I have a manual valve body 350TH

This next pick is the Blue 71 Camaro. It's all street, AC, Cruise, and the kick down. The car was a 2bbl as most Camaros were. The Q-Jet has different brackets. The bracket was bolted to the carb if I recall correctly for the Q-Jet. If you have a Z/28, the carb & intake and bracket should remain as is, maybe up grade the 4150 style 780 vacuum secondary Holley to a 650-800 cfm DP.

[​IMG]
    Holley #1850, Vacuum secondary 600 cfm on an Edelbrock Performer Intake.
    I wanted a Q-Jet for it, but I couldn't find one that was worth the price. So I bought the Holley new for less than a rebuilt Q-Jet.

8. PEGLEG_1

PEGLEG_1 Veteran Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Huntsville AL
    This is the bracket I bought. it should be here this week.

9. EricsZ28

EricsZ28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Here and there...
    I have the same bracket. It is very nice.

Just as any FYI if you are running a dropped base air cleaner - check the clearance between your air cleaner base and the return spring on the bracket as you move the throttle. Mine hit, so I had to change up my air cleaner base for clearance.