Who here is serious about chinese food?

Discussion in 'Bon Appetite - NastyZ Style' started by DENALI, Jan 6, 2012.

DENALI Veteran Member

Nov 4, 1999
    Sonova Beach
    Anyhow i really know nothing about chinese food and i love the stuff. I like mongolian beef, general tsoes(sp) chicken, sweet sour anything, basically about any of it. I have tried a couple recipies online and they have sucked. So looking for real car guys inputs on recipies. Thanks
  2. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    I have never had any luck trying to cook my own Chinese food, always ends up mushy and bland. I have learned just to buy that favorite from the source
  3. Z-WIZZ

Z-WIZZ Veteran Member

Mar 18, 2004
    there are several places around here (incl. buffets) but only one place has a decent eggroll
  4. BB72R-Yes

BB72R-Yes Veteran Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Waynesburg Kentucky
    I love me some good Chinese food. Pork Lo Mein is probably my favorite. Then Beef fried rice, steak teriyaki and crab rangoons. I miss the Chinese food back home in the NorthEast. It was so much better than this crap they call Chinese in the South. :screwup:
  5. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    i know you get on the phone and give them a few numbers and the order is never wrong ! seafood "happy family" or any tso or sesame chicken . fried dumplings , fried won tons , shrimp lo mien , shrimp toast . come on they stopped delivering at midnight , ya got me going . its the "seasoned" wok that gives it that flavor ( oh yea , and tons of MSG and grease)
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  6. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Dayton, Ohio
    only chinese food i would even enjoy trying to make would be mongolion beef. that stuff is AWESOME.
  7. Kasey74

Kasey74 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ginger beef, Eggrolls, and Fried Rice...awesome
    Vietnamese is wicked too
    ...tried makin it at home, but never turns out
    as good as the restaurants
  8. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Emerald Isle , NC
    You can't make it as cheap as most Asian joints sell it, its dirt cheap arounf here for a meal, just hunt down a decent place , they are everywhere.
  9. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Dayton, Ohio
    we have a place called ding how- its a mongolion bbq place, they have a nice set up, you get what you want, etc, they throw it on a huge circle grill and stir it with huge sticks, pretty neat. SO GOOD. OMG. delicious
  10. jdove

jdove Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 19, 2002
    Every time I try making it, it SUCKS...Except for egg drop soup...:screwup: