World S/R Heads - ID Please

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by ryork, Jan 27, 2005.

1. ryork

ryork Veteran Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just picked up a used set of World S/R heads for my truck. Can anyone here tell me if they are 67cc or 76cc by the following info???

On head under valve cover area:

Right side of the head - S/R 1-052
    Middle of head - 91 NH
    Left side of head - W 11R

I contacted World and they were no help and told me to take them to a machine shop and have them CC'd.

Can anyone help?????

[This message has been edited by mulsane71z (edited January 27, 2005).]
  2. sikzdrivr

sikzdrivr Veteran Member

Jul 17, 2003
    So much for customer appreciation. Even if you did buy them used.
  3. ryork

ryork Veteran Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Of course I could only ask questions via email, no phone to phone discussion. He was nice, just not real knowledgeable. Here's a couple photos.....

Any clue?????

[This message has been edited by mulsane71z (edited January 27, 2005).]
  4. ryork

ryork Veteran Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Combustion chamber........

5. WildBillyT

WildBillyT Veteran Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Raritan NJ
    The set I used to have were 76cc, 1.94/1.50. World is right though, have them CC'd or buy a buret and do it yourself.

[This message has been edited by WildBillyT (edited January 27, 2005).]
  6. rogerh

rogerh Veteran Member

There should be some numbers on each end of the head that has an ID part number that World can cross and tell what you have.
  7. rustbucket79

rustbucket79 Veteran Member

They look like open (76 cc) chambers to me.

Custom Auto, your source for quality machine work, cores and new parts at competetive pricing right here in British Columbia 1-888-563-4050
    A Canadian, EH? (with a 10 second street car)
  8. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 4, 2003

I have a set that came on my Camaro. I pulled a valve cover and took down the numbers. I called World to see if they could tell me if I had 202 160 or 194 150 valves and what size cc heads. They told me the PN#s were all the same and I would have to pull a head to find out :-(

I could not believe that they did not have different casting numbers to denote the specs of the head. But according to the person I talked to there via telephone they don not.

At least your heads are off and you can find out easily. I am not going to know what I have until I pull the engine down.

9. 1978LT

1978LT Veteran Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Poquoson, VA USA
    They are a pretty good budget head, IMO!
  10. Damon

Damon Veteran Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Philly area
    I'm pretty sure that the cc will be stamped into the end of the head- not just a part number but an actual 76 or 67 hanging out by itself.

There's no way that any mass manufacturing company would ever stampe every single head they make with the same number. How would they know which one to pull off the shelf and ship to a customer?