03 5.3 Truck Pinouts/81 Camaro

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Eighty1Camaro, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Eighty1Camaro

Eighty1Camaro Veteran Member

I've swapped an 03 Truck 5.3 and 4L60E into my 81 Camaro, I have the wiring out (blue and Green PCM connectors) and am looking at the Pin out diagram here:
    http://lt1swap.com/2003-07pcmpinouts.pdf

He has items listed in Yellow as "remove" and I am a little standoffish about it because 1.) I want to run AC ( he has all listed AC items removed)
    And 2.) I am concerned about what he has removed for the Fuel Pump.

I have an 02ish LS1 Fuel Pump retrofitted in my stock 81 Tank. I have the black, gray, and purple pigtail for the pump and not the emission plug

I feel like I'm getting a little complicated with laying this out and I would like to get answers, so I'll stop there for now..anyone that's done your own pin outs or programming have any input on what I want to do?

2. paintman65

paintman65 Veteran Member

If you are using factory A/C you reuse the original wiring. If you go aftermarket you use the wiring harness that comes with it. As for the fuel pump you only need power from the relay which is controlled by the computer, and a ground. I used LT1 Swap for my 2000 truck harness and everything worked great. I am using 2002 ls fuel pump also.

3. Eighty1Camaro

Eighty1Camaro Veteran Member

Is that so even if I am using the modern style AC pump, with the old style boxes? I've seen people use both like that, just trying to pin point the method.

4. paintman65

paintman65 Veteran Member

Yes. Just use the original a/c harness from the car. You might have to extend the compressor wiring and change the connector to fit the new compressor.